Circle Network

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
just bob

Circle Network

Post by just bob »

I discovered the Circle Network kind of by accident. I left my antennae up and one day when Comcast was down I was channel surfing and happened upon it. From what I see it isn't available on Comcast here, but it may be in your area? Anyway they have a great assortment of southern gospel music and live broadcasts from the Grand Ole Opry. I had never heard of Dailey & Vincent but they are very good and have programming on there as well. They also have reruns of Hee Haw and other classic TV shows. Check it out if you like country music - you'll be a fan.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Circle Network

Post by jerryd6818 »

If you, like I, had no idea what Circle Network was/is, here's a brief explanation.
Circile Network.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
just bob

Post by just bob »

Thank you for posting that. At least in the Indianapolis area it comes in via antennae on channel 13.6 which I think would be called a sub station of channel 13, which is the NBC affiliate here? I also see you can get it on Roku, Etc. but don't know much about all of that. Maybe Comcast will pick it up if it gains in popularity?
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

There seems to be a bunch of smaller digital channels, mostly carried as an OTA subchannel, that have popped up in the past 5-6 years or so. We get almost none of them. Dish did offer them; but my folks went back to Comcast due to really bad signal reliability; and not having several channels that Comcast did for the same money--but we lost almost all of those smaller networks, which I watched a lot, as they mostly aired the better, older programming from the 1990s and earlier--not this PC "watching paint dry" intermixed with "incredibly raunchy and low-brow" stuff on today.

Comcast doesn't seem to want to offer a lot of smaller, less prevalent channels that are subchannels of the local channels associated with major affiliates which we get here. For example, Laff we got on Dish Network; presumably because WLFG a small religious network out of Grundy, offers it as a subchannel. Comcast does not; even though we get WLFG. Ion Television (which I view is a pretty well-known network) is a sub-channel of 2-3 different main channels around here (including WLFG); but Comcast seems to only want to offer it on higher packages as of recent. Used to be, it was on our package. Where I live, in the mountains, an OTA antenna is about the most useless thing you can own.
PigStikr

Post by PigStikr »

Thanks for the heads-up I've got that on Roku Channel----it's hard getting use to Roku I have Fire Stick to and like it better but my remote shot craps so haven't had it on...seems like a decent station so far
Never Doubt Your Dawg
marinaio61

Post by marinaio61 »

It's listed as on channel 9.6 in the Denver area but I haven't checked, some listings are not actually there. Going to have to give it a try.
marinaio61

Post by marinaio61 »

just bob wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:37 pm I discovered the Circle Network kind of by accident. I left my antennae up and one day when Comcast was down I was channel surfing and happened upon it. From what I see it isn't available on Comcast here, but it may be in your area? Anyway they have a great assortment of southern gospel music and live broadcasts from the Grand Ole Opry. I had never heard of Dailey & Vincent but they are very good and have programming on there as well. They also have reruns of Hee Haw and other classic TV shows. Check it out if you like country music - you'll be a fan.
Many of the gospel music artists like Dailey & Vincent have been around what is called the Gospel Grass, as opposed to Blue Grass, circuit for years. The music tends more toward the folksy than say Bill Gaither's style. I love it, find it very inspirational.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: I want to explain you about pandemiuc

Post by Madmarco »

wooFub wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:27 pm hi, i am woo from Sweden and i want to explain any thing about "pandemic". Please ask me :)
I have no questions woo, but ::welcome:: to AAPK! 8)
8)
Umcknifeguy

Post by Umcknifeguy »

Was picking this station up even down here in Florida for a while, but can't pick it up lately. Not a huge country music fan, but they were showing F Troop for a while. Sure did enjoy seeing that again
Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.

Return to “The Music Forum”