ROB'S BLUEGRASS BARN

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
Ridgegrass

ROB'S BLUEGRASS BARN

Post by Ridgegrass »

The Boy's and I finished up the concert season Saturday night at Rob's Bluegrass Barn in Westminster, MD. Rob collects stumps, pallets, and any wood all year for a massive bonfire that's lit between the music sets. This year's fire was exceptional, probably 20 feet across and 15 feet high before lighting. You can see it through the hay loft door behind the stage. In that pic, the fire is a hundred feet from the barn and 20 feet down hill, so those flames are a good 40-50 feet at their peak. Carroll County fire trucks are always on site to keep things safe.
I was a cloudy, soft evening, perfect for music and sitting around outside. WINDY RIDGE has been closing the season there for a while now and it's a great reunion of our friends and fans from the last 40+ years. It was a 328 mile turnaround for Joan and me but I was buzzing all the way home from the great time. "WR" doesn't play a lot anymore and it's just a treat to see each other a few times a year.
L to R: Tommy Lyons, fiddle, Dave Propst, mandolin, me, guitar, Brad Sams, bass, Scotty Walker, 5-string.
Attachments
IMG_3494.jpg
IMG_3493.jpg
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: ROB'S BLUEGRASS BARN

Post by btrwtr »

Sounds like a great time Ridge!
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

::tu::
David
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Right on Ridgegrass, great to see the band. Play and sing myself, but not bluegrass. Mostly originals and classic rock covers I like. Love to see other performers, great shots, thanks for the view.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Thanks all! We had a great evening. J.O'.

Return to “The Music Forum”