Some Of My Favorite Country & Bluegrass Songs

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Some Of My Favorite Country & Bluegrass Songs

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:38 am Willy, you just need to put what you entered in between the youtube thingys you can access from the header above your dialog box. (thingys is a technical term) :lol:

I can't hear Bluegrass without thinking of T.J. (TJMurphy) You are remembered old friend.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Stanwade wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:27 pm https://youtu.be/8QAEmCuBnck

Jerry Reed---man I wish we could go back to the 70s...
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Thanks, Jerry... I still haven't figured out how to do that from my phone...
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Stanwade wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:51 pm Thanks, Jerry... I still haven't figured out how to do that from my phone...
You guys who post from your phones live in a whole nother world. I've never posted a YouTube video from my phone so I don't have a clue how to help with that. ::facepalm::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

My phone is pretty much all I use when I'm not at work... I can't use my laptop at work because this website is blocked because it's about "weapons"... ::facepalm:: ::censored::
Ryan

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Stanwade wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:32 pm My phone is pretty much all I use when I'm not at work... I can't use my laptop at work because this website is blocked because it's about "weapons"... ::facepalm:: ::censored::
::facepalm::
Yup, I know all about it mate; most corporate bosses have there heads buried in the ground. Heck, many are doing all they can to destroy are respective countries...
"For the love of money is the root of all evil".
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

:D

Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::woot::

Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

😯

Winston Churchill

fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::tu:: Any song by Patsy Cline, Merle Hagaard, and Charlie Pride!
ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

fergusontd wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:51 pm ::tu:: Any song by Patsy Cline, Merle Hagaard, and Charlie Pride!
ftd
::nod:: ::tu::
Winston Churchill

Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Great posts, Willy..I watched those two yesterday..(Jerry Reed with BB and Marty)😁
Ryan

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Stanwade wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:01 pm Great posts, Willy..I watched those two yesterday..(Jerry Reed with BB and Marty)😁
::tu::
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

:D

Winston Churchill

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Very surprised to find this - my all time favorite rock band covers a country classic. Ronnie Wood looks like he’s having fun on that pedal steel guitar. It’s not Waylon, but it’s not bad!

Ken

Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

https://youtu.be/rEHf5u0fZkc

More talent displayed here in 53 minutes than most (not all) modern music put together...
Ryan

Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Stanwade: Definitely an American original and a monster talent. There's a great book called THE WRECKING CREW about the California backup band for a ton of the pop music of the 60's and 70's. Glen was part of that and the Beach Boys. His recordings of Jimmy Webb's stuff are fabulous. His daughter is a talented writer and singer too. Great post. ::tu:: ::tu:: J.O'.
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Ridgegrass wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:21 pm Stanwade: Definitely an American original and a monster talent. There's a great book called THE WRECKING CREW about the California backup band for a ton of the pop music of the 60's and 70's. Glen was part of that and the Beach Boys. His recordings of Jimmy Webb's stuff are fabulous. His daughter is a talented writer and singer too. Great post. ::tu:: ::tu:: J.O'.

Yes sir! I've seen the movie and I absolutely love his daughter, Ashley...last year I also bought the documentary they made on his final tour as he was slowly losing his faculties... Very sad, but also very heartwarming at the same time..

https://youtu.be/soNRe670jRM

Try watching this video without at least tearing up.. impossible 😁..
Ryan

Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

I saw that a while back. Beautiful tribute and expression of love. She got the genes. Darn you! (Thanks) J.O'.

Love Carl Jackson too. Great writer and performer. CD, "Spring Training'" with John Starling. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
John Hartford said when Glen recorded "Gentle On My Mind" and took it as his show's theme song he knew he'd never have to work for his living again.
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Ridgegrass wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:45 pm I saw that a while back. Beautiful tribute and expression of love. She got the genes. Darn you! (Thanks) J.O'.

Love Carl Jackson too. Great writer and performer. CD, "Spring Training'" with John Starling. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
John Hartford said when Glen recorded "Gentle On My Mind" and took it as his show's theme song he knew he'd never have to work for his living again.
Everyone watching her sing that song is either crying or trying not to!

😁👍
Ryan

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I saw the documentary about Glen Campbell and Alzheimer’s several years ago, I think on PBS. It was both hard to watch and amazing at the same time, especially how he was unable to recognize and remember family members yet could still play his guitar, recall and sing the lyrics to his songs. Once in a while if he stumbled at lyrics his daughter would quickly step in with the words and he’d get back on track.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:27 pm I saw the documentary about Glen Campbell and Alzheimer’s several years ago, I think on PBS. It was both hard to watch and amazing at the same time, especially how he was unable to recognize and remember family members yet could still play his guitar, recall and sing the lyrics to his songs. Once in a while if he stumbled at lyrics his daughter would quickly step in with the words and he’d get back on track.

Ken
She's definitely her father's daughter... When she's playing the guitar or banjo she does the same leg kick as he did when she really gets into it ..😁
Ryan

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

Return to “The Music Forum”