Paul Thorn

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Paul Thorn

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Wasn’t sure where to put this as it doesn’t fit any of the threads already existing in the Music Forum. Just discovered this guy on YouTube - he’s addictive. Great songwriter - some of his stuff is irreverent or R-rated, but hilariously funny (I Think I’ll Just Stay Married and others too risqué to post here), and some like I’m a Lucky Man are very poignant and thought provoking. Here’s a couple of his G rated songs. Go to YouTube for his other stuff. ::tu::

Ken

Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
tunefink

Re: Paul Thorn

Post by tunefink »

I first saw Paul Thorn in the late 90's in a bar in Birmingham, AL. He is a great talent. He has a big catalog of work....

Check out his song Hammer & Nail. He used to be a professional boxer, fought Roberto Duran at one point.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

I to really like Paul Thorns music ::tu::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

edge213 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:22 am I to really like Paul Thorns music ::tu::
Glad you like him. He must have at least a hundred songs on YouTube, mostly just him and his acoustic guitar. But if you search YouTube for”Paul Thorn Band” it’s him with his full band. The lead guitarist is outstanding! ::tu::

Ken

Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:45 am
edge213 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:22 am I to really like Paul Thorns music ::tu::
Glad you like him. He must have at least a hundred songs on YouTube, mostly just him and his acoustic guitar. But if you search YouTube for”Paul Thorn Band” it’s him with with his full band. The lead guitarist is outstanding! ::tu::

Ken

I have Spotify (free version) downloaded on my phone and tablet.
I don't know how many songs he has, but I have listened for a couple of hours without repeats.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf

Return to “The Music Forum”