RIP Charlie Daniels

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
Beavertail

RIP Charlie Daniels

Post by Beavertail »

Tim
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: RIP Charlie Daniels

Post by edge213 »

Sad news.
He was a great American and true Patriot.
Godspeed CD.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table. There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done."

The Gambler 1978

Daniels died on July 6, 2020 of a hemorrhagic stroke at the age of 83.

Something you may not know about Charlie Daniels --- Daniels has raised hundreds of thousands for veterans over the years and established a Charlie and Hazel Daniels Veterans and Military Family Center at Middle Tennessee State University.

Rest in peace ole' son. ::tear::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Sad sad day. I’m a big fan of Charlie Daniels. Not only was his music good, but he seemed to a very straight forward kind of guy, something that you don’t find everyday in entertainment stars.

He wasn’t afraid to speak his mind, he knew what he believed, and he gave of himself and his money to help the less fortunate. He’s a pretty good example for the rest of us. I fear his kind are becoming all too rare.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Big bummer, loved the guy and when I first heard the "Devil Went Down To Georgia" in '79 was hooked. I was impressed with all the instrumentation, story telling, rhymes, he was great. So sad to see all these greats from his era passing too. Soon the whole generation will be gone, and that's a huge sad loss. Tipping my had to Charlie D.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

RIP Charlie. Your music will live long.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

....more sad news!!!, first "Road Hog" and now Charlie!!!.......... ::facepalm:: ...............
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Dang nab it, I missed this un'.
Sheesh, another great gone... Tough year for sure.
RIP Mr. Daniels, you will be sorely missed.
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34

Return to “The Music Forum”