Hank Williams Sr.

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Hank Williams Sr.

Post by carrmillus »

........I was disappointed that there was so little about him on the country music special that ETV did. I think they shortchanged him and hank, jr.!!!............ ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ..................
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

eveled wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:46 pm I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves. Way more influential than even the Beatles.

Died at 29, yet he wrote 167 songs. He recorded 225 songs in his 5 year career. Amazing.
I agree, he doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Some have called him the father of rock-n-roll. Imo, if not the father, at least the grandfather.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

samb1955 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:00 pm Probably a dumb question but how did he die? I'm not much of a country music fan.
Hank Williams was born with a condition called spina bifida, which caused lifelong pain. That combined with a very troubled marriage probably led to alcoholism. Then he injured his back when he fell while hunting, which required surgery. After which he became addicted to a pain killer called chloral hydrate, prescribed by a quack fake doctor (who paid $25 for a degree in medicine). The night of his death he became severely ill during the trip to his next performance, scheduled for New Years Day 1953 in Canton, Ohio. The December weather was too poor to fly so he hired someone to drive him in his Cadillac. During the drive Hank became ill (probably as a result of the combination of alcohol and pain medicine).

The driver stopped in Knoxville and found a doctor, who injected Williams with a mixture of vitamin B12 and morphine.
With Williams in the back seat of his Cadillac, the driver eventually stopped for gas at a station in West Virginia. Hank Williams was dead in the back seat. He was 29 years old.

Ironically his death was just a few weeks after the November release of Hank’s I’ll Never Get Out of This World Alive which was a hit at the time of his death.

Ken

Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:20 pm
FRJ wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:24 pm Thanks, Ken. ::tu::
All you forgot was to sandwich it between the [youtube][/youtube] brackets. 😉
"it" .... "youtube brackets" ........ ?? ...... what happened .....................
Joe
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

FRJ wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:56 am
1967redrider wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:20 pm
FRJ wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:24 pm Thanks, Ken. ::tu::
All you forgot was to sandwich it between the [youtube][/youtube] brackets. 😉
"it" .... "youtube brackets" ........ ?? ...... what happened .....................
Joe, “it” needs to look like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19vApPwWqh8. You get the YouTube brackets from the header above the dialog box, right up there ^^^. Just click on that box where it says YouTube, which puts those brackets into your dialog box, like this [youtube][/youtube]. Then in between the ] and [ in the middle, you paste the link you copied from YouTube. Then you modify what you pasted. You had it right, but you didn’t get that [youtube][/youtube] from the box up there.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

FRJ

Post by FRJ »

I tried the youtube thing and the blinking curser in the middle but the Paste goes to the right.
I think I'll just do it as I did before. It seemed to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StyKrwHhWdM
Joe
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

FRJ wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:13 am I tried the youtube thing and the blinking curser in the middle but the Paste goes to the right.
I think I'll just do it as I did before. It seemed to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StyKrwHhWdM
:lol: It does that to me sometimes too. That’s why the Good Lord gave us a backspace button on our keyboards! ::tu:: Just put your cursor to the right of the “YouTube thing” and backspace it out until you get to the middle (you’ll erase all the [/youtube] on the right. Now paste in your copied link. Then with your cursor to the right of the pasted link, go back to the top and click on the YouTube box again. Now you’ll have [youtube][/youtube] to the right of your pasted link. Put our cursor in the middle between the ][ and backspace all the way back to the last character in your pasted link. Now you have this (hit the quote button on this post and you’ll be able to see what it looks like).

Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Well, that's the thing with me and these incredibly frustrating chicken traps. I can scarcely manage the minimum of tasks
and am at a loss when insubordination creeps in to the computers attitude canal.

[youtube][/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTw_XLz ... Nr[youtube]
Joe
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

FRJ wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:49 am Well, that's the thing with me and these incredibly frustrating chicken traps. I can scarcely manage the minimum of tasks
and am at a loss when insubordination creeps in to the computers attitude canal.

[youtube][/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTw_XLz ... Nr[youtube]
...I'm so glad to know that I am not alone!!!!!........... ::pray:: ...........
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:49 am That’s why the Good Lord gave us a backspace button
Ken, I forgot my manners. Thank you for the help you provided.
In this arena I feel like I am using Brail, which again, I know nothing about.

Oh, for a backspace button in other aspects of my life!

carrmillus, .... :lol: .... you are not alone .......................

Thank you redrider.
Joe

Return to “The Music Forum”