And Now For Something Completely Different

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

And Now For Something Completely Different

Post by beresman »

Well, I know this doesn't quite fit in with the majority of music that's been posted here, but this is a little something I did myself recently, trying to keep from going stir crazy during the "quarantine" thing...

https://youtu.be/b6EY-QbQ7G8
Brent
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: And Now For Something Completely Different

Post by Madmarco »

VERY entertaining Brent! ::tu:: With all the running around you're doing, ::pace:: you must really be going stir-crazy! :shock: Thanks for the chuckle! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Nice! All the way from the playing, to consolidating and editing!!! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Bravo!!!! ::ds:: J.O'.
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

That was very good wind instrument playing!

Bravo!!

Bob
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Great job! ::clapping:: Loved it!! ::tu:: ::tu::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

................makes me want to go look for my harmonica!!!................... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .......................
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

beresman wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:10 pm Well, I know this doesn't quite fit in with the majority of music that's been posted here, but this is a little something I did myself recently, trying to keep from going stir crazy during the "quarantine" thing...

https://youtu.be/b6EY-QbQ7G8

Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Bravo, that was most excellent and well worth my effort of fixing your link. ::tu:: ::tu::

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by beresman »

Thanks, everyone!
Brent
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

::clapping:: Very nice! I was looking for the ol' Lone Ranger to come gallopin' by.
How long did it take to make your video?
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Are you in a band, beresman? I love 20s and 30s music, ever heard of Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks? I have a trip to NYC to see his band on my bucket list, hope it happens one day.

beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by beresman »

treefarmer wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:03 pm ::clapping:: Very nice! I was looking for the ol' Lone Ranger to come gallopin' by.
How long did it take to make your video?
Treefarmer
The recording of the audio took me maybe a total of three hours, with multiple takes on each instrument. The video took me about the same to record (I left a lot of bits on the cutting room floor, as they say), and the mixing probably took 5-6 hours total. It was, as they say, a labor of love...
Brent
beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by beresman »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:21 am Are you in a band, beresman? I love 20s and 30s music, ever heard of Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks? I have a trip to NYC to see his band on my bucket list, hope it happens one day.
Until COVID hit, I had a regular monthly gig with "Mother Stewart's Jazz Collective" at a brewery in Springfield Ohio. Several years back I was in a big band in Urbana Ohio, but that kind of petered out as the market is (unfortunately) shrinking. I play here and there when I can...

Actually, I *have* heard of Vince Giordano, though I guess I wasn't aware that he has a regular (pre-COVID) gig in NYC. That would be a cool thing to see and hear...and I will check that out the next time I"m in NYC. Thanks!
Brent
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

beresman wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:42 am
1967redrider wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:21 am Are you in a band, beresman? I love 20s and 30s music, ever heard of Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks? I have a trip to NYC to see his band on my bucket list, hope it happens one day.
Until COVID hit, I had a regular monthly gig with "Mother Stewart's Jazz Collective" at a brewery in Springfield Ohio. Several years back I was in a big band in Urbana Ohio, but that kind of petered out as the market is (unfortunately) shrinking. I play here and there when I can...

Actually, I *have* heard of Vince Giordano, though I guess I wasn't aware that he has a regular (pre-COVID) gig in NYC. That would be a cool thing to see and hear...and I will check that out the next time I"m in NYC. Thanks!
That’s amazing! I love what you did, and please post up anything else you do. I love old jazz and big band music. I used to play French horn and some trombone but outs been years. I wish there was someone to play with locally, I’d get back into it.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “The Music Forum”