Favorite Folk...

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
WillyCamaro

Favorite Folk...

Post by WillyCamaro »

"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
WillyCamaro

Re: Favorite Folk...

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Soooooooo....
Who ya liking? 😉
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Love the band. Too many of them gone now.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

https://youtu.be/qVpqrnDonto

Guy Clark.. one of my favorite artists and songs...
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

https://youtu.be/FNlUhW0azKI

Townes... one of the best song writers, ever...he didn't write this one, but he makes it his own....
Ryan

Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

That video cut from "The Last Waltz" with Levon singing "'The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" is white-boy soul at it's best! Sure hurt to lose him. ::teary_eyes:: J.O'.
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Pop, Mavis, and The Staples really spiced up the "The Weight" too! Funny, I remember the exact time and place I heard that song on the radio the first time. Totally blew me away. :D :D Had a little rock and roll band and we learned it in a couple days, been playing it ever since. Tunes like that are "evergreen". Thanks Willie for the flashback. J.O'.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thank ya gents, I'm glad they're bringing back memories; and that's what folk music is all about.
::handshake::
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Now, this is my kind of song.
Same thing happens to me when I come across a sweet un'...
:D
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Townes was a great talent and he wrote some awesome lyrics. I cover a couple of his songs and peope always ask who wrote them. More people should know. Always loved his cover of Dead Flowers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2lge0ZnSEI

Wayne

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:33 pm

I love this version..it haunts me... this was my brother's favorite song (Willy and Merle cover), he passed when I was 12...I can't watch this video or hear any version without memories flooding back, maybe a few tears, too.. that's the beautiful thing about good music --it can spark a flood of emotions or memories in an instant, happy or sad...
Ryan

Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

btrwtr wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:51 pm Townes was a great talent and he wrote some awesome lyrics. I cover a couple of his songs and peope always ask who wrote them. More people should know. Always loved his cover of Dead Flowers.

Which ones do you cover?
Ryan

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Stanwade wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:10 pm
WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:33 pm

I love this version..it haunts me... this was my brother's favorite song (Willy and Merle cover), he passed when I was 12...I can't watch this video or hear any version without memories flooding back, maybe a few tears, too.. that's the beautiful thing about good music --it can spark a flood of emotions or memories in an instant, happy or sad...
::tu::
Winston Churchill

btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Stanwade wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:14 pm
btrwtr wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:51 pm Townes was a great talent and he wrote some awesome lyrics. I cover a couple of his songs and peope always ask who wrote them. More people should know. Always loved his cover of Dead Flowers.

Which ones do you cover?
No Place to Fall and Don't Take it Too Bad are two of my favorites.

When I lived in Houston area it was a short trip to Galveston and the Old Quarter Acoustic Cafe that is owned by Wrecks Bell (Rex's Blues). Rex was a friend of Townes and played bass with him at times. Guy Clark, Townes VanZant, Rodney Crowell and Steve Earle were all part of a cool Texas music scene that makes me wish I was a bit older so I could have seen it happen. Robert Earl Keen and Lucinda Williams are two more great Texas singer songwriters I like to cover. Lucky to have seen them both a few times.

The Old Quarter in Galveston as well as Dan Electro's Guitar Bar and The Last Concert Cafe in Houston are great places to hear live music in a small dive atmosphere. I miss Texas for this and many other reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9CDumFYngw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0_AVhv ... rt_radio=1

Wayne

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

btrwtr wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:30 am

Which ones do you cover?

When I lived in Houston area it was a short trip to Galveston and the Old Quarter Acoustic Cafe that is owned by Wrecks Bell (Rex's Blues). Rex was a friend of Townes and played bass with him at times. Guy Clark, Townes VanZant, Rodney Crowell and Steve Earle were all part of a cool Texas music scene that makes me wish I was a bit older so I could have seen it happen. Robert Earl Keen and Lucinda Williams are two more great Texas singer songwriters I like to cover.

The Old Quarter in Galveston as well as Dan Electro's Guitar Bar and The Last Concert Cafe in Houston are great places to hear live music in a small dive atmosphere. I miss Texas for this and many other reasons.
Wow mate, what wonderful stories sir!
And it's great to meet another fellow musician such as yourself. Hope we someday can get together, yack a bit, jam a little, share some stories, and knives!
::tu:: ::handshake::
Winston Churchill

btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

WillyCamaro wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:38 am

Which ones do you cover?

When I lived in Houston area it was a short trip to Galveston and the Old Quarter Acoustic Cafe that is owned by Wrecks Bell (Rex's Blues). Rex was a friend of Townes and played bass with him at times. Guy Clark, Townes VanZant, Rodney Crowell and Steve Earle were all part of a cool Texas music scene that makes me wish I was a bit older so I could have seen it happen. Robert Earl Keen and Lucinda Williams are two more great Texas singer songwriters I like to cover.

And it's great to meet another fellow musician such as yourself. Hope we someday can get together, yack a bit, jam a little, share some stories, and knives!
Two common interests. ::handshake::

https://youtu.be/sUML2yWVn8c

Wayne

Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

btrwtr wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:50 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:38 am

Two common interests. ::handshake::

https://youtu.be/sUML2yWVn8c

I'd love to see video of your covers... and good story..oh to be a fly on the wall where those guys frequented 😁👍👍👍

Awesome post..I bought a good friend of mine the dvd of "Heartworn Highways" 5/6 years ago for Christmas...we watch it every winter while having a few good drinks (or 12😁)...
Ryan

Return to “The Music Forum”