NEW MUSIC TOY

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
Ridgegrass

NEW MUSIC TOY

Post by Ridgegrass »

For those of us not getting much out-playing time this gadget is really nice. My son talked me into it. It's a TASCAM DP-008 EX, 8 channel recorder. This thing has unlimited multi-track capability. More than the Beatles had on Sgt. Pepper! Built in reverb, mixing, mastering, mics, and metronome click tracks, (or you can use external mics and eq.) There's a bit of a learning curve but there are lots of instruction videos that are "fool"proof for old guys like me.
I've been having a blast with it, you can build your own band. For you rookies it is a great tool to practice with. Lay down a rhythm track, go back and try leads, go back and sing or add another instrument. Great for the Covid Blues. Sweetwater and the other online suppliers have them at good prices. Mine was a DEMO for the in house reps to study but it has a full warranty , Less than $300 with phones and speakers a few bucks more. (I'm not representing anybody here, just sharing a fun gadget.) J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_2130.JPG
IMG_2131.jpg
WillyCamaro

Re: NEW MUSIC TOY

Post by WillyCamaro »

Bingo!
That's exactly what I need mate, not some super overcomplicated, techy, computer "simulator".
Nice and simple, tis the name of the game baby!
Thanks for sharing John, I'm definitely adding it to my "Buy It" list.
::tu:: ::handshake::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Willy,
Took me a couple hours to set up and get comfortable. I'm getting fairly good at 4 tracks so far. One of the best benefits is you'll really get sensitive to tempo , timing, and dynamics. It's a little like an instant critique of what you're trying to do. Good luck with it. Most vendors are offering $50 off retail now and you may do even better. ::tu:: J.O'.
Ole Joe Clark

Post by Ole Joe Clark »

I'm on the lookout for one of these, at a reasonable price.

Leon
Attachments
TalentstompBox.jpg
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Ain't we all !! ::handshake:: J.O'.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::woot::
You said it boys. ::nod::
:D ::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34

Return to “The Music Forum”