Return of the SOVEREIGN

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Return of the SOVEREIGN

Post by Ridgegrass »

Got the 1969 Harmony Sovereign back from Jeff Hostetter of Stringed Instrument Repair in Red Lion, PA today. It is absolutely a great guitar! Plays and sounds fabulous. It's like a brand new 1969 guitar only "aged to perfection". My Buddy Bill "Rux" Ruxton's daughter Beth gave it to me after Rux passed on.
Jeff did his magic on it and I'm in guitar heaven. Can't wait to do a show with it.
I recorded a short sampler with it but I can't seem to be able to attach it here. Any help would be welcome. I recorded on my phone and emailed it to myself but now I don't know how to attach it to this thread. Thanks. J.O
Attachments
IMG_3591.jpg
IMG_3590.jpg
WillyCamaro

Re: Return of the SOVEREIGN

Post by WillyCamaro »

Dang John, she don't look her age!
::woot::

Bet she sound's every bit as good, as she looks. Aged like fine wine, only get that with a true vintage acoustic. ::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Ridgegrass wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:50 am . . .
I recorded a short sampler with it but I can't seem to be able to attach it here. Any help would be welcome. I recorded on my phone and emailed it to myself but now I don't know how to attach it to this thread. Thanks. J.O

I think you could post it on YouTube and then upload it to this thread. 😉👍
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Thanks Red, maybe I'll try that. Spent twenty minutes trying with my laptop and got frustrated! ::dang:: J.O'.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I think YouTube is the only audio/video playing application that works with this website, let me know if you need any help with it. ::nod::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Thanks Red, I'll try it.

Willie, Rule of Life: None of the good ones show their age! :) Wish you could hear her and play her!! I'm guitar blessed!! Trying to get that sampler posted. Stay tuned. J.O'.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

:lol:

Got it mate!
:D ::tu::
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Did a three hour show with the '69 Sovereign last week. I don't use a pickup. I use an old Audio-Technica "Pro-37R" condenser mike and the guitar sounded fantastic in the broadcast. The AT needs phantom power but it gives very clean bass and highs and a sound far superior to any on-board electronics I've ever heard.I think they're still available and I recommend them far above any thing else for acoustic playing. The Old Sovereign has lots of nice string separation. Just a very pleasing guitar. (Thanks Rux!)
A new-old guitar is like a newly rediscovered old sweetheart. Makes you forget and neglect the others. But given a little time, they all get rediscovered and the pleasurable process starts all over again. :D
Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Knife! J.O'.

(Knife shown for size reference)
Attachments
IMG_3688.jpg
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

That's what you want to hear, when trying out a "new" guitar...
And cool ole condensor mate! They have been used on more records, then you can shake a stick @.
::tu::
Winston Churchill

Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

You bet Willie. Hope St. Nick is good to you. J.O.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thank you John! Same back @ ya, ::tu::
Winston Churchill

Return to “The Music Forum”