“The Killer” is gone

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

“The Killer” is gone

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Rock and Roll pioneer Jerry Lee Lewis passed away today at age 87. My wife and I had the pleasure of seeing him in concert at a small dinner club in the early ‘70s. Just him and a grand piano on stage, no opening act, no accompanists. He put on a great show, over two hours of just him and that piano. Told a lot of funny stories along with all his hit songs. He played that piano with his hands, his feet, even his butt, danced on top of it, he was quite a showman!

R.I.P. Jerry Lee, you are one of a kind!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: “The Killer” is gone

Post by 1967redrider »

He was a true wild man, may he rest in peace. 🍻
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
kris_kross

Post by kris_kross »

RIP Jerry Lee, a true original. He's the only person I know of who could stomp on the piano keys with his feet and still make it sound good.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

He had a passion for supine barriers and entertained a lot of people for a long time, including me.
Quite the piano man. God bless him and his family.
Joe
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Great duet video on YouTube with Dottie West, "Sweet Thang". Willie's Roadhouse has been playing him today.
Cousin Mickey Gilley died recently. End of an era. Jerry Lee was the real thing. Sang, played, and lived on the edge.
See you on the other side, Brother. R.I.P. J.O'.

Return to “The Music Forum”