Cattaraugus cloth

The Cattaraugus Cutlery Company was started by John Champlin and his son Tint in 1882. It was first incorporated under the name J.B.F. Champlin and Son as a wholesale distribution company based in Little Valley, New York. The business proved to be a successful endeavor, and it soon branched into a knife production company named Cattaraugus.
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Cattaraugus cloth

Post by galvanic1882 »

Some knife collectors don't care much for the old advertising items or boxes etc. I just love this stuff. I've had this wiping cloth for years. I often thought of washing it but am so afraid it might not stand the washing and fall apart. Some of the names JBF used.
Mike
Attachments
IMG_1048.jpg
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Cattaraugus cloth

Post by edge213 »

galvanic1882 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:53 pm Some knife collectors don't care much for the old advertising items or boxes etc. I just love this stuff. I've had this wiping cloth for years. I often thought of washing it but am so afraid it might not stand the washing and fall apart. Some of the names JBF used.
Mike
Very cool!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Fantastic piece! Always interesting to see items like it. Thanks for showing it. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Mike I'm with you, the old ephemera is sometimes more exciting than the knives themselves. ::tu:: ::tu::

That's a great cloth! I'll bet there aren't many of those in existence anymore.

Eric
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Awesome piece of history! ::tu::
David

Return to “Cattaraugus Cutlery Collector's Forum”