Can anyone tell me what patern this is?

Schatt & Morgan knives were first manufacturer back in 1890. The Queen Cutlery company made most of the more recent examples, but Schatt had its own plant in its earlier years that cranked out the oldies. There is no shortage of fantastic Schatt & Morgan knives in existance that have been made over the brand's long & storied history.
lentuk
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Can anyone tell me what patern this is?

Post by lentuk »

I believe this is a Heritage series Schatt and Morgan but I have not seen this blade style before can someone please identify it for me?
Schatt and Morgan.jpg
FRJ

Re: Can anyone tell me what patern this is?

Post by FRJ »

Welcome here, lentuk.

That is a nice looking barehead jack knife with a spear blade.
Joe
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

::welcome:: to AAPK Lentuk! ::handshake:: I don't know a specific pattern name for your knife, but it sure is good lookin'. Be patient, someone will eventually be along who can give you much more specific information. 8)
8)
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

lentuk wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:22 pm I believe this is a Heritage series Schatt and Morgan but I have not seen this blade style before can someone please identify it for me?

Schatt and Morgan.jpg
I see what you mean. It looks like a Heritage Series handle and shield but it's not a Heritage Series blade. Here's an older sales link from an AAPK store. Click on the open blade pics and you can see that the tang is stamped with "Heritage Series" as I believe all of the knives in that series are.
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... ck-no-1215

The knife in your photo is either a Heritage Series Jack with a blade replacement or it's one of the many knives that Queen conjured up in their final months from parts they had laying around.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

As Rick T [Railsplitter] said in the previous post about parts being used, i saw a similar one for sale last year from a retailer, it was advertised as a prototype - one of one, with bone covers. A very experienced knife collector told me it was probably made from left over parts when i asked him about it with looking to purchase. Hope this helps.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

lentuk wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:22 pm I believe this is a Heritage series Schatt and Morgan but I have not seen this blade style before can someone please identify it for me?

Schatt and Morgan.jpg
Could you post a picture of that knife closed? I would like to see how well it fits in the well when closed. It does look like it was made form parts left over. There were a lot of knife parts sold at the bankruptcy auction and there are lots of unusual knives out there that were made from these parts.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
lentuk
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by lentuk »

168.jpg
169.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

lentuk wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:44 am 168.jpg
169.jpg
Regardless of this being a parts knife or whatever, it looks exceptionally well made. That blade fits in the well very nicely and the centering is very good. Someone knew what they were doing with this one. Thanks for posting those pics. I like that knife and it’s a keeper.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “Schatt & Morgan Knife Collector's Forum”