Christmas Knife Schatt & Morgan Bah Humbug!

Schatt & Morgan knives were first manufacturer back in 1890. The Queen Cutlery company made most of the more recent examples, but Schatt had its own plant in its earlier years that cranked out the oldies. There is no shortage of fantastic Schatt & Morgan knives in existance that have been made over the brand's long & storied history.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Christmas Knife Schatt & Morgan Bah Humbug!

Post by jerryd6818 »

Since Queen was the original subject of this thread, I'm using the Queen warranty as an example:

Queen Cutlery Company Warranty

Queen Cutlery Company knives are designed and built for use as cutting tools. Use of our knives for any purpose other than cutting is considered abuse. As with any tool Queen Cutlery Company knives can wear out. They may also fail to perform if not used or cared for properly. If your knife has been put to hard use for a long period of time, it is possible that the useful life of the Queen Cutlery Company product has been exceeded and Queen Cutlery Company will be unable to perform any work upon the knife that will improve the condition thereof.

WARRANTY INFORMATION:

•Queen Cutlery Company warrants that all of our products are free from defects in material and workmanship.
•Repairs to your knife performed by any source other than Queen Cutlery Company unconditionally voids the knife’s warranty.
•Queen Cutlery Company’s warranty does not cover damage caused by abuse, misuse, loss, improper handling, alterations, accident, neglect, disassembly, or improper sharpening.
•If a knife fails to function as it was designed, we will examine its condition upon its return to Queen Cutlery Company identify why it failed and respond in an appropriate manner.
•If we determine there is a defect in the manufacture/materials/workmanship, Queen Cutlery Company will repair, or replace that product with the same model or one of equal value at its own expense.
•If Queen Cutlery Company is unable to improve the condition of the knife, we will return it to you with the recommendation it be retired from use. All costs associated with shipment of the product(s) are the responsibility of the customer.

Taken directly from the Queen website. Where in there does it say that Queen abdicates, to the dealer, their responsibility for defects in material and workmanship????? If you want to put the responsibility for defects in material and workmanship back on the dealer and the dealer accepts that, fine but it is not his responsibility to do so, because he didn't build the damn thing.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

jerryd6818 wrote: Taken directly from the Queen website. Where in there does it say that Queen abdicates, to the dealer, their responsibility for defects in material and workmanship????? If you want to put the responsibility for defects in material and workmanship back on the dealer and the dealer accepts that, fine but it is not his responsibility to do so, because he didn't build the damn thing.
At the time when I spoke with the AG's office, I couldn't ask them to clarify their comments in light of Queen's warranty, because I didn't have a copy of the warranty. It wasn't with the knife when I purchased it, it wasn't on their website, and I couldn't get it from them because they wouldn't answer email.

Just a guess, but the AG's office may have had the common "satisfaction guarantee" in mind. If a retailer offers a "satisfaction guarantee," he is voluntarily assuming some responsibility for consumer satisfaction, which seemingly might include issues relating to defects in materials and workmanship.
junebug

Post by junebug »

I HATE TO CRASH OL' WADES THREAD.......... BUT I HAVE A QUESTION
DO YOU GUYS THINK........THAT THIS WOULD BE COVERED BY QUEEN FOR A WARRANTY????

Q83 STAMP so older knife been used sharpened LOVED by owner.....tight and snappy
issue :
scales are starting to foldin on blades....separating at the springs....pulling pins into bolsters....springs are sinking DOWN into wells too.......and now blade rub starting cuz scales folding in on them.
HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE

COVERED OR NOT ????????

<EDIT> thats oil on blade not dings/bends/chips ::dang::
Attachments
ebay marathon cigar knife 028.JPG
ebay marathon cigar knife 029.JPG
ebay marathon cigar knife 030.JPG
ebay marathon cigar knife 026.JPG
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Josh, I have no idea. All I know is that Ryan Daniel sent me some free stuff even though I told him he didn't owe me anything because is already gotten a refund. I do not know how well they'd take care of a knife made before they bought the company. But I bet if you emailed the three email addresses wazu posted earlier you'd get a reply one way or another.

I know others have had no luck getting a response from them, hut I did for some reason. I guess its as they say, "The Lord takes care of infants and idiots!" Depending on who you ask I fall into one or both categories!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
junebug

Post by junebug »

HET THANKS,WADE!!!! ::tu:: ::handshake::

now run along home son, yer droolin on yerself and people are startin ta stare

TOTALLY GOOFIN WITH YA OF COURSE ::super_happy:: ::sotb:: ::rotflol:: ::sot::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Well, I've been known to slobber occasionally, and sometimes I get twitchy, but it's usually when I'm looking at knives or guns I can't afford! Lol
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

Junebug, I'm starting to believe in the "proximity explanation" for Queen's customer service: if you live close enough they might run into you at a knife show, you're more likely to get taken care of. Let's see, you're in . . . . CALIFORNIA?????????????????? :shock: Nevagonnahappen.

Seriously, about all you can do is try the email addresses and see what they say.

As always when returning a knife to any factory, don't forget to get tracking and delivery confirmation.

Return to “Schatt & Morgan Knife Collector's Forum”