It's official! New USA Schatt & Morgan's are coming this winter!

Schatt & Morgan knives were first manufacturer back in 1890. The Queen Cutlery company made most of the more recent examples, but Schatt had its own plant in its earlier years that cranked out the oldies. There is no shortage of fantastic Schatt & Morgan knives in existance that have been made over the brand's long & storied history.
TPK

Re: It's official! New USA Schatt & Morgan's are coming this winter!

Post by TPK »

texoma wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:23 am Today I received an email update from Frank's Classic Knives Schatt & Morgan is back, looks like he's a confirmed dealer.
Cool! 8) ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

haven't heard any recent news lately, I wonder what's going on
Frank

Want 85 RHK Antique Walnut Jig Bone & other Harness Jacks
Trade & Buy List Link https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wtt ... s.1884432/
Retirement is a time to enjoy the things you never could before
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

I was recently wondering the same thing.
I hope it's still going to happen.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Same here mates, haven't heard natta on my end...
::undecided::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Gentleman and ladies, have just been informed pending release is not far away, hopefully with in the next month, just thought i would keep you informed. There was a lot of interest when these were announced, looking forward to see what they come out with. :)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:23 pm Gentleman and ladies, have just been informed pending release is not far away, hopefully with in the next month, just thought i would keep you informed. There was a lot of interest when these were announced, looking forward to see what they come out with. :)
::tu::
Thanks for the update mate!

And I have a good hunch where you got the news... Dat place, we don't speak of here... ::watching_you::

:mrgreen:
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:48 am
cudgee wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:23 pm Gentleman and ladies, have just been informed pending release is not far away, hopefully with in the next month, just thought i would keep you informed. There was a lot of interest when these were announced, looking forward to see what they come out with. :)

And I have a good hunch where you got the news... Dat place, we don't speak of here... ::watching_you::

No mate, i had an email exchange with a dealer. ::sneaky::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:32 am

Oh shoie, cut-off right at the knees. ::sot::

Winston Churchill

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:18 am

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::sneaky:: If you hear any news, i expect to be informed :roll: , you have a good weekend mate. ::tu::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:53 am

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::sneaky:: If you hear any news, i expect to be informed :roll: , you have a good weekend mate. ::tu::
Yaaaaaaa right :roll:. Well, I guess yer owed as much mate.

:lol:

Same back @ ya buddy.
Winston Churchill

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:27 pm

Same back @ ya buddy.
Mate, for those of us that are eagerly awaiting the release of the new Schatt & Morgan knives, not good news apparently, having serious quality control issues is what i have heard, so nothing on the horizon. They were due for release ages ago, :( ,
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:51 pm

Same back @ ya buddy.
Mate, for those of us that are eagerly awaiting the release of the new Schatt & Morgan knives, not good news apparently, having serious quality control issues is what i have heard, so nothing on the horizon. They were due for release ages ago, :( ,
Dang mate, bummer, but not surprising. :(

It's really hard getting a cutlery company up 'n running nowadays; you need to train up a skilled team from scratch.
I'm thinking a year to get rolling... So late this fall, early winter should do it.
Keep us posted mate.
Winston Churchill

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:28 am

Same back @ ya buddy.

It's really hard getting a cutlery company up 'n running nowadays; you need to train up a skilled team from scratch.
I'm thinking a year to get rolling... So late this fall, early winter should do it.
Keep us posted mate.
There are what appear to be new release from Schatt&Morgan on Cutlery Corner, $250, have a look mate and see what you think. ::tu::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:41 pm
WillyCamaro wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:28 am

Keep us posted mate.
There are what appear to be new release from Schatt&Morgan on Cutlery Corner, $250, have a look mate and see what you think. ::tu::
Thanks for the heads-up mate! I'll go check it out here...
Winston Churchill

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

cudgee wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:41 pm There are what appear to be new release from Schatt&Morgan on Cutlery Corner, $250, have a look mate and see what you think. ::tu::
Here's the link:
https://www.cutlerycorner.net/Products/ ... ATT+MORGAN

I like the looks of the EO Bomber Jack, especially the tang stamp...very cool!! (I assume the "G Co" that is incorporated into the S&M stamp stands for "Gilbert Cooper")
S&M Jack.jpg

But, the $250 price tag seems a bit steep, IMO (suggested MSRP is $499.95 :shock:). That's Tuna Valley prices...are these knives on the same quality level as Tuna Valley?? I guess there's only one way to find out. In the windsurfing community there's a term for the first person to go out on the water each day and "test the wind"...they're called the "wind dummy". I wonder who will be the "knife dummy", i.e., the first person willing to risk $250 to find out if it's worth the money? (Hint: it won't be me.)

I was intrigued by the "Our Choice Old School" option at the bottom of the page, which appears to be an offer in which for $175 Cutlery Corner selects an "old school" knife for you that is supposedly worth $329.95 (MSRP). Are there really people willing to risk that much on a knife they can't even see before buying? ::shrug:: I've never seen this tactic used with knives before.
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I checked these out, but then saw the Coffin Hunter and was close to pulling the trigger on it until I realized it was from the Queen era. Not that there's anything wrong with it, just not what I was looking for.

$250 for a 3 3/4" single blade seems a bit high to me, by about $100. 💸 Did I see that there were 300 made?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thanks Quint, beat me too the draw!

Here's another new one they've done,
x_CCN-109306.jpg
Much more too my liking!

And @ $198, is more inline for a 'murican made traditional. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::

https://www.cutlerycorner.net/ProductIn ... alo-Barlow
Winston Churchill

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Seems like a very strange release. There was no publicity, some of the retailers that said they were going to be carrying them have not sent out any notifications, i looked up two retailers that were supposedly going to be carrying them-nothing. Something does not seem right. ::hmm::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Gilbert has probably cut plan waaaaay back. This way, with fewer knives coming out, he can control quality @ a much higher standard.
Winston Churchill

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:01 pm Gilbert has probably cut plan waaaaay back. This way, with fewer knives coming out, he can control quality @ a much higher standard.
Here ya go willy. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
unnamed (13).jpg
unnamed (14).jpg
unnamed (15).jpg
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

.....and this:

From Austin, C. Risner Cutlery / Traditionalpocketknives.com:

Yesterday afternoon, I took a trip down to Winchester, Ohio to meet with the new owner of Schatt&Morgan Cutlery, Gilbert Cooper. Mr. Cooper owns Cooper Cutlery who some of you may know as the company who purchased the Queen Cutlery machines and tools from the old Queen Cutlery factory in Titusville, PA. I also met with several of his employees who were all very wonderful and knife knowledgeable people.

Mr. Cooper has released his first trial run of knives which are known as the Weed & Co. cutlery line. Mr. Cooper informed me that he wanted to use the Weed & Co. cutlery line as a cutlery line to learn from before making and perfecting the Schatt&Morgan Cutlery line along with many other cutlery brands he owns.

Mr. Cooper expressed to me that he and his employees are well aware the Schatt&Morgan Cutlery line needs to be GEC quality or better, and nothing less is acceptable.

The new line of Schatt&Morgan Cutlery will consist of 1095 carbon steel blades with smooth bone and/or jigged bone handle materials. The knives will all be hand made, hand pinned, and hand sharpened in Winchester, Ohio, USA! The knives will be released with a box containing the new Schatt&Morgan Cutlery sticker label. It was great to see a preview of the new Schatt&Morgan Cutlery knives being made!

There is a lot of false information out there regarding what I have just mentioned. The information I have just listed, was learned from my personal visit to Cooper Cutlery. If anyone has questions regarding the new Schatt&Morgan Cutlery line or any new cutlery line by Cooper Cutlery, please contact me anytime and I will answer your questions.

I will be releasing the Weed & Co. cutlery line in a few days along with the GEC release. I will post more release details soon in a separate email.

You have my word that the new Schatt&Morgan Cutlery line will be a high quality, premium line of USA made knives in which the brand once was and should have always been.

Thank you! -Austin, C. Risner Cutlery /Traditionalpocketknives.com. 937-903-6317.
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Very nice gentlemen!

Yup, He's doing exactly what he needs to, to get the venture off and running. I wish all the best to Him, it's a pretty special thing what he's doing here...
Winston Churchill

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks for posting that, Q and cudgee. I got the same email and was going to do likewise. 😉👍 🇺🇲
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

You can buy a Weed & Go. Knife from Franks Classic Knives now he has them in his store for $125.00 :D
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

kennedy knives wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:12 am You can buy a Weed & Go. Knife from Franks Classic Knives now he has them in his store for $125.00 :D
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: :)

Return to “Schatt & Morgan Knife Collector's Forum”