It's official! New USA Schatt & Morgan's are coming this winter!

Schatt & Morgan knives were first manufacturer back in 1890. The Queen Cutlery company made most of the more recent examples, but Schatt had its own plant in its earlier years that cranked out the oldies. There is no shortage of fantastic Schatt & Morgan knives in existance that have been made over the brand's long & storied history.
WillyCamaro

Re: It's official! New USA Schatt & Morgan's are coming this winter!

Post by WillyCamaro »

After 4004 posts by yours truly, Willy Blabber Mouth Camaro, :mrgreen:, we are here!

Everything looks to be shaping up, better then this sic dude hoped for. Kudos to Mr. Gilbert, again, for making it happen.
If he can hold ship together for the first few years, then I think we have a winner on are hands.
::ds::

Gives me the confidence to keep chugging with my personal business, and move into the cutlery world.
If this dude can keep learning to pace himself better, then I hope to help carry the torch forward.
Inspiring in the strongest term of the word.
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

texoma wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:46 am After reading the article again, I misread it and I think I understand my question now. It looks like Gilbert is focusing mainly on S&M and he sold the Queen City rights to SMKW and that's why they are selling Queen City knives made in China.
So the Queen City Winchester OH stamped Barlow was made before Gilbert sold the Queen City name to SMKW?
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Railsplitter wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:48 am
texoma wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:46 am After reading the article again, I misread it and I think I understand my question now. It looks like Gilbert is focusing mainly on S&M and he sold the Queen City rights to SMKW and that's why they are selling Queen City knives made in China.
So the Queen City Winchester OH stamped Barlow was made before Gilbert sold the Queen City name to SMKW?
My bad. I see it now. One must read very carefully. ::facepalm::

"A small run of single-blade Barlows, with either clip, razor or spear blade and nickel silver bolsters has already been made. These are stamped Queen City, Winchester, OH, made when Cooper still owned the trademarks."
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

Today I received an email update from Frank's Classic Knives Schatt & Morgan is back, looks like he's a confirmed dealer.
Frank

Want 85 RHK Antique Walnut Jig Bone & other Harness Jacks
Trade & Buy List Link https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wtt ... s.1884432/
Retirement is a time to enjoy the things you never could before
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

texoma wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:23 am Today I received an email update from Frank's Classic Knives Schatt & Morgan is back, looks like he's a confirmed dealer.
He is one of the listed confirmed dealers. Keep us updated on what is happening, you might be our designated S&M correspondent. ::nod:: :lol: ::tu::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:20 am
texoma wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:23 am Today I received an email update from Frank's Classic Knives Schatt & Morgan is back, looks like he's a confirmed dealer.
He is one of the listed confirmed dealers. Keep us updated on what is happening, you might be our designated S&M correspondent. ::nod:: :lol: ::tu::
Thanks for the update mate, ::handshake::

2021 tis shaping up to be a great year in the knife world, almost makes up for last year.

Big yack going on up, over at bf.
I see many of are resident fellows, have been purty busy stirring up the pot. Ya'all have been holding out on me!
:mrgreen:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/tid ... n.1754213/
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:49 am

2021 tis shaping up to be a great year in the knife world, almost makes up for last year.

I see many of are resident fellows, have been purty busy stirring up the pot. Ya'all have been holding out on me!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Did not want to get you all worked up, then maybe get a big letdown. ::mdm:: ::mdm:: ::mdm:: See we are just looking after your best interests. ::hmm:: ::hmm:: ::hmm:: :) ::handshake::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:41 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Did not want to get you all worked up, then maybe get a bid letdown. ::mdm:: ::mdm:: ::mdm:: See we are just looking after your best interests. ::hmm:: ::hmm:: ::hmm:: :) ::handshake::
::tounge::
Winston Churchill

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:33 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Did not want to get you all worked up, then maybe get a bid letdown. ::mdm:: ::mdm:: ::mdm:: See we are just looking after your best interests. ::hmm:: ::hmm:: ::hmm:: :) ::handshake::
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: :D
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:34 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:33 am
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: :D
:lol:

Yup mate, that tis one of the angry places on the web.

Not like here mate, this is where we "nice" people can hang, and not get stampeded by all those 'maricans...

::sotb::
Winston Churchill

TPK

Post by TPK »

Cool! 8) ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

haven't heard any recent news lately, I wonder what's going on
Frank

Want 85 RHK Antique Walnut Jig Bone & other Harness Jacks
Trade & Buy List Link https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wtt ... s.1884432/
Retirement is a time to enjoy the things you never could before
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

I was recently wondering the same thing.
I hope it's still going to happen.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Same here mates, haven't heard natta on my end...
::undecided::
Winston Churchill

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Gentleman and ladies, have just been informed pending release is not far away, hopefully with in the next month, just thought i would keep you informed. There was a lot of interest when these were announced, looking forward to see what they come out with. :)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:23 pm Gentleman and ladies, have just been informed pending release is not far away, hopefully with in the next month, just thought i would keep you informed. There was a lot of interest when these were announced, looking forward to see what they come out with. :)
::tu::
Thanks for the update mate!

And I have a good hunch where you got the news... Dat place, we don't speak of here... ::watching_you::

Winston Churchill

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:48 am
cudgee wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:23 pm Gentleman and ladies, have just been informed pending release is not far away, hopefully with in the next month, just thought i would keep you informed. There was a lot of interest when these were announced, looking forward to see what they come out with. :)

And I have a good hunch where you got the news... Dat place, we don't speak of here... ::watching_you::

No mate, i had an email exchange with a dealer. ::sneaky::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:32 am

Oh shoie, cut-off right at the knees. ::sot::

Winston Churchill

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:18 am

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::sneaky:: If you hear any news, i expect to be informed :roll: , you have a good weekend mate. ::tu::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:53 am

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::sneaky:: If you hear any news, i expect to be informed :roll: , you have a good weekend mate. ::tu::
Yaaaaaaa right :roll:. Well, I guess yer owed as much mate.

Same back @ ya buddy.
Winston Churchill

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:27 pm

Same back @ ya buddy.
Mate, for those of us that are eagerly awaiting the release of the new Schatt & Morgan knives, not good news apparently, having serious quality control issues is what i have heard, so nothing on the horizon. They were due for release ages ago, :( ,
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:51 pm

Same back @ ya buddy.
Mate, for those of us that are eagerly awaiting the release of the new Schatt & Morgan knives, not good news apparently, having serious quality control issues is what i have heard, so nothing on the horizon. They were due for release ages ago, :( ,
Dang mate, bummer, but not surprising. :(

It's really hard getting a cutlery company up 'n running nowadays; you need to train up a skilled team from scratch.
I'm thinking a year to get rolling... So late this fall, early winter should do it.
Keep us posted mate.
Winston Churchill

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:28 am

Same back @ ya buddy.

It's really hard getting a cutlery company up 'n running nowadays; you need to train up a skilled team from scratch.
I'm thinking a year to get rolling... So late this fall, early winter should do it.
Keep us posted mate.
There are what appear to be new release from Schatt&Morgan on Cutlery Corner, $250, have a look mate and see what you think. ::tu::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

cudgee wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:41 pm
WillyCamaro wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:28 am

Keep us posted mate.
There are what appear to be new release from Schatt&Morgan on Cutlery Corner, $250, have a look mate and see what you think. ::tu::
Thanks for the heads-up mate! I'll go check it out here...
Winston Churchill

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

cudgee wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:41 pm There are what appear to be new release from Schatt&Morgan on Cutlery Corner, $250, have a look mate and see what you think. ::tu::
Here's the link:
https://www.cutlerycorner.net/Products/ ... ATT+MORGAN

I like the looks of the EO Bomber Jack, especially the tang stamp...very cool!! (I assume the "G Co" that is incorporated into the S&M stamp stands for "Gilbert Cooper")
S&M Jack.jpg

But, the $250 price tag seems a bit steep, IMO (suggested MSRP is $499.95 :shock:). That's Tuna Valley prices...are these knives on the same quality level as Tuna Valley?? I guess there's only one way to find out. In the windsurfing community there's a term for the first person to go out on the water each day and "test the wind"...they're called the "wind dummy". I wonder who will be the "knife dummy", i.e., the first person willing to risk $250 to find out if it's worth the money? (Hint: it won't be me.)

I was intrigued by the "Our Choice Old School" option at the bottom of the page, which appears to be an offer in which for $175 Cutlery Corner selects an "old school" knife for you that is supposedly worth $329.95 (MSRP). Are there really people willing to risk that much on a knife they can't even see before buying? ::shrug:: I've never seen this tactic used with knives before.
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~

Return to “Schatt & Morgan Knife Collector's Forum”