Is the Schatt and Morgan brand still coming back?

Schatt & Morgan knives were first manufacturer back in 1890. The Queen Cutlery company made most of the more recent examples, but Schatt had its own plant in its earlier years that cranked out the oldies. There is no shortage of fantastic Schatt & Morgan knives in existance that have been made over the brand's long & storied history.
MechanicalBear

Is the Schatt and Morgan brand still coming back?

Post by MechanicalBear »

I am wondering if the brand is still coming back. Has there been any more information surrounding the return of Schatt and Morgan?
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Is the Schatt and Morgan brand still coming back?

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

This was a post in May and now it’s August. The Queen Cutlery History website has no updates and said that knives would be released back in March, anyone heard anything about how this is going?
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Nothing happening, i would be very surprised if it comes to fruition from the information i have received. Have serious issues in production. :(
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

cudgee wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:58 am Nothing happening, i would be very surprised if it comes to fruition from the information i have received. Have serious issues in production. :(
What have you heard?
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:13 am
cudgee wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:58 am Nothing happening, i would be very surprised if it comes to fruition from the information i have received. Have serious issues in production. :(
What have you heard?
They are having development and QC issues.
Rockstars Artifacts

Post by Rockstars Artifacts »

Yes it is coming back. There will be new production Schatt and Morgan Knives coming out by the end of the year, expect the quantity to be somewhere between 5 and 5000. There are no development issues or quality control issues. Any information that may have been put out there, is second hand unless released by Cooper Cutlery.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Rockstars Artifacts wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:53 am Yes it is coming back. There will be new production Schatt and Morgan Knives coming out by the end of the year, expect the quantity to be somewhere between 5 and 5000. There are no development issues or quality control issues. Any information that may have been put out there, is second hand unless released by Cooper Cutlery.

I am very hopeful for this to succeed and my sincere best wishes for success to Mr. Cooper and company...I will be eager to buy the knives...

5....to 5,000...that is a pretty wide range.

That said...I will believe it when I see it...
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

knifeaholic wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:41 pm
Rockstars Artifacts wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:53 am Yes it is coming back. There will be new production Schatt and Morgan Knives coming out by the end of the year, expect the quantity to be somewhere between 5 and 5000. There are no development issues or quality control issues. Any information that may have been put out there, is second hand unless released by Cooper Cutlery.

I am very hopeful for this to succeed and my sincere best wishes for success to Mr. Cooper and company...I will be eager to buy the knives...

5....to 5,000...that is a pretty wide range.

That said...I will believe it when I see it...
I like you was very keen to see this new venture to succeed, but as you have stated 5-5000, i don't know what sort of business plan that is. ::uc:: ::hmm:: When i see them on shelves i will believe it, this new venture was supposed to be released by the end of last year, then by the Fall of this year, with no public announcements from Cooper Cutlery, we as their future customer base are all left in the dark. I also will believe it when i see it.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Cudgee;

Yes I have nothing but 100% admiration and respect for Mr. Cooper, though I have never met or talked to the man. Just the idea that in this day and age he would take the financial risks that he has taken to buy and move and reinstall equipment and all the necessary infrastructure required to start up manufacturing a line of traditional knives. When the other options for quality traditional knives are shrinking.

If the products are quality and if they are not limited to the extreme like GEC, I will be first in line to buy them.

That said...none of us enjoy being endlessly jerked around and led down the path so to speak.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Rockstars Artifacts

Post by Rockstars Artifacts »

Believe it when you see it works for us. This has been a MAJOR endeavor and venture for us and we are working day and night to make sure that it succeeds. That is our goal. We have until the end of the year to get out a run of knives that we are proud to make and you're proud to own.

The only thing that we have publicly put out there was an ad in Knife Magazine simply stating, Coming in 2021.

I hear you. We see the posts, all of the comments and we see the love and hate and all of the above.

Back to the grinder.

-Matt
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Rockstars Artifacts wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:38 pm Believe it when you see it works for us. This has been a MAJOR endeavor and venture for us and we are working day and night to make sure that it succeeds. That is our goal. We have until the end of the year to get out a run of knives that we are proud to make and you're proud to own.

The only thing that we have publicly put out there was an ad in Knife Magazine simply stating, Coming in 2021.

I hear you. We see the posts, all of the comments and we see the love and hate and all of the above.

Back to the grinder.

-Matt
There has been a few threads about the new Schatt&Morgan endeavor, not just this one. If you have seen them all, you have 100% support behind you,i have been wishing you nothing but success since the first rumors of you re-entering the knife manufacturing business, looking forward to a new made in America knife maker. You obviously are involved with this new venture, and i, among most wish you nothing but success, but your statement that " We see the love and hate and all of the above. Show me any hate on this particular thread or any of the other threads.

Return to “Schatt & Morgan Knife Collector's Forum”