Pal Shields

The PAL Cutlery Company was established in 1935 as the result of a merger between the Utica Knife & Razor Company and the Pal Blade Company. It purchased Remington's cutlery division in 1939 & manufactured knives in what was at one time the Remington owned factory in Holyoke, Massachusetts. The company used Pal Blade Company and Pal Cutlery Company as brand until they ceased operations in 1953. It's purchase of Remington's cutlery assets resulted in them assembled the remaining Remington parts. so you will find Remington marked Pal's made knives & on occasion knives marked with both the Pal brand & Remington brand.
Ridgegrass

Pal Shields

Post by Ridgegrass »

Got this swell-center pen today. Missing it's shield. Wonder what shield style it may have had? Anyone have a similar knife. I have lots of old shields from broken knives, like to put one on that's close to the original. Thanks, J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_3525.jpg
IMG_3527.jpg
1fartsmella
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Pal Shields

Post by 1fartsmella »

Here is a pic from Sargent 3rd Edition, page 311
Attachments
2E3AF1AE-CA0C-4C22-AE9B-0C4C65FBAC84_1_105_c.jpeg
Barry
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Thanks much 1F. I'm sure I have one like that. ::handshake:: J.O'.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Ridgegrass wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:21 pm Got this swell-center pen today. Missing it's shield. Wonder what shield style it may have had? Anyone have a similar knife. I have lots of old shields from broken knives, like to put one on that's close to the original. Thanks, J.O'.
Hey John. I looked at all the Pal knives in my reference books (including Sargent's) and not all have shields, but most of the ones with shields are "federal" shields like the knife in the picture that Barry provided. When I expand your picture, I think I can see the outline of a federal shield inlay, so I'm reasonable certain that is what you need.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Thanks Herb. I agree on the federal. It's the exact knife he sent in the picture. By the way, I got it at the Harpoon Hannah's parking lot flea market yesterday for two bucks! Guy sold it to me out of his pocket! Sometimes ya' win,,,,,
Let me know if you get around O.C. Like to show you the vault. :D O'.

Return to “Pal Cutlery”