Rough Riders!

For Collectors & Users of Rough Rider Brand Knives.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Rough Riders!

Post by Madmarco »

Yep, that sure is a cool folder, Jamie! Not surprised it sold so quickly! Kindda similar to the model you still have listed! Nice! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:38 pm Yep, that sure is a cool folder, Jamie! Not surprised it sold so quickly! Kindda similar to the model you still have listed! Nice! 8)
Thanks Marc I have more of the zombie model coming next week, they were out of stock and now back in stock. Not sure for how long.
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

This is a new one SMKW is offering - a Bow Trapper. I’m wondering if they are trying to “up their game” - it cost a bit more than normal - $24.95, but it’s heavy, got great snap and just feels good. I weighed it at 4.5 ounces - one of my Case Trappers weighed 3.8. Anyway, obviously I’m pleased with it - and, of course, I think the “look” is cool.
Attachments
0A351D65-7DDB-4487-8C2A-3DC4FF6A452E.jpeg
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Nice Tim! You won't be losing that one anytime soon with all that color! 8)
8)
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

True! ::nod:: Thanks, Marco!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

That is a fine looking knife, Tim. I especially like that clip blade.
Mel
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Thanks, Mel!
Tim
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Just put these in the store
Attachments
IMG_2466.JPG
IMG_2483.JPG
IMG_2495.JPG
IMG_2499.JPG
IMG_2505.JPG
IMG_2509.JPG
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Great group of Rough Riders bud! I looked in your store for the R/R in the 3rd picture, but couldn't find it, could we see and read more, please? Thx! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:05 pm Great group of Rough Riders bud! I looked in your store for the R/R in the 3rd picture, but couldn't find it, could we see and read more, please? Thx! 8)
It sold 6 minutes after I put it in my store, I have a few more on the way. You never know what people see and like, but I have a few on the way, it’s a heavy knife with better steel.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:05 pm Great group of Rough Riders bud! I looked in your store for the R/R in the 3rd picture, but couldn't find it, could we see and read more, please? Thx! 8)
If you go into my store and the third page is where the sold knives start and you can see more pics of it.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

This is from mfg.
The Rough Ryder Apta Modern Slip Joint Blue Micarta features a 2.75" VG-10 stainless steel Sheepsfoot blade with a satin finish and a nail nick. The handles are blue micarta with stainless steel liners, stainless steel Torx hardware, and a lanyard hole. It's 3.75" closed and weighs 3oz. Includes a set of extra screws, a Torx driver, and a black nylon zippered mini storage pouch.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Jamie, it's one cool knife! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This was in my mailbox today, yet ANOTHER gift from my good friend Jamie, thanks again buddy! Rough Rider RRR007 7 3/8" oal "Nomad" slip-joint lockback. D2 drop-point blade, NS ringed bolsters, brass liners pins shield and lanyard tube, and tan linen micarta covers. Comfortable weight along with half-stop, strong detent, and excellent fit n' finish. Very cool knife! 8)
WIN_20221024_13_20_59_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221024_13_20_29_Pro.jpg
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

I have been down since thus past Thursday because of knee surgery, but I did get some stuff put in the store today.. sorry about the lighting, I cant go upstairs to where my lighting and photo booths are at, so I was using light coming through from outside on a gloomy day
Attachments
IMG_2529.JPG
IMG_2533.JPG
IMG_2537.JPG
IMG_2542.JPG
IMG_2547.JPG
IMG_2551.JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Those are some nice knives there bud! Rough Rider certainly isn't sitting still regarding new styles, I'm seeing new series colors and designs regularly. Your pictures are just fine too! 8)
8)
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:03 am This was in my mailbox today, yet ANOTHER gift from my good friend Jamie, thanks again buddy! Rough Rider RRR007 7 3/8" oal "Nomad" slip-joint lockback. D2 drop-point blade, NS ringed bolsters, brass liners pins shield and lanyard tube, and tan linen micarta covers. Comfortable weight along with half-stop, strong detent, and excellent fit n' finish. Very cool knife! 8)WIN_20221024_13_20_59_Pro.jpgWIN_20221024_13_20_29_Pro.jpg
That Nomad is a fine knife!
I've got one and it's very comfortable in my hand and I'm very partial to single bladed knives
You'll get a lot use out of it.
Tim
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thank you Tim, good to know! ::handshake:: I'm more than partial to single blade knives too, I'd call it strongly dedicated. As a matter of fact, of the over 300 knives in my collection not 1 of them has more than 1 blade or tool or attachment, and that was no mistake! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:34 pm Thank you Tim, good to know! ::handshake:: I'm more than partial to single blade knives too, I'd call it strongly dedicated. As a matter of fact, of the over 300 knives in my collection not 1 of them has more than 1 blade or tool or attachment, and that was no mistake! 8)
Somehow I want to say “man with a one track mind”
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

JamieinWV wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:45 pm
Madmarco wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:34 pm Thank you Tim, good to know! ::handshake:: I'm more than partial to single blade knives too, I'd call it strongly dedicated. As a matter of fact, of the over 300 knives in my collection not 1 of them has more than 1 blade or tool or attachment, and that was no mistake! 8)
Somehow I want to say “man with a one track mind”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yep, fraid' so fellas! ::facepalm:: ::dang:: ::doh:: ::huff:: ::mdm:: ! But you are correct, I do mention that fact too often, so I'll keep myself in check from here on! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:00 pm Yep, fraid' so fellas! ::facepalm:: ::dang:: ::doh:: ::huff:: ::mdm:: ! But you are correct, I do mention that fact too often, so I'll keep myself in check from here on! 8)
I also like single blade knives, we are proof great minds think alike, but so do morons think alike ::shrug:: not sure where we are at on that scale.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Probably somewhere in between! ::shrug:: 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:31 am Probably somewhere in between! ::shrug:: 8)
Who would want the weight of being a genius on their shoulders, people would expect too much from us.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

JamieinWV wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:16 pm
Madmarco wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:31 am Probably somewhere in between! ::shrug:: 8)
Who would want the weight of being a genius on their shoulders, people would expect too much from us.
Never been a problem for me, but then I have humugus shoulders ::super_happy:: latest RR's.
Attachments
20221001_092031_remastered.jpg

Return to “Rough Rider Knife Forum”