Rough Ryder Old Southwest Series

For Collectors & Users of Rough Rider Brand Knives.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Rough Ryder Old Southwest Series

Post by KLJ77 »

A year ago, I bought the first six OS series knives and liked them so much I wanted to add to the series. Last week, I saw that SMKW had six more that I didn't have...and I picked them up for a total of 12. At this time, I don't know if there is only 12 in this series or if there are going to be more. If there are more, I will add to this collection.

This Old Southwest series in one of the best designed handles I've ever seen. The blend of color and turquoise is just right without looking 'busy'. I've taken each knife and meticulously looked at them from top to bottom, from side to side and backwards. There is not a flaw on any of them. The craftsmanship is superb, with each blade back meeting the spring end flush when opened. No gaps, blades sit in the well perfectly on each knife. Every blade opens easily, yet not loosely. It takes little effort to bring each blade to the half-stop and beyond to full open. Every blade on every knife 'snaps' back into the closed position with authority. Am I well pleased with this set? You bet I am! SMKW must have one awesome quality control team making sure, not with just this series of knives, but with 'every' knife, that they is done right. Anyone who has purchased one of these Old Southwest knives knows what I'm speaking of.

I purchased a very nice display case...and below are photos of the OS series. My poor photos do NOT do this series justice. Nevertheless, you can still get a good visual. The darker photo was taken at an angle with flash, which really highlights the turquoise in these handles.

Anyway, just wanted share what this series looks like all together. Thanks for looking.

PS: This 12 knife series are the 1747 - 1758 models.
Attachments
IMG_1209.JPG
IMG_1214.JPG
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
robpa

Re: Rough Ryder Old Southwest Series

Post by robpa »

I saw my 1st RR today. it was well enuff made.
The workers dont dare screw up, they disappear em after 2 errs.
Gumshoe

Post by Gumshoe »

Every so often, I see a RR pocketknife that catches my eye, and I have not been disappointed after I purchased it.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Looks Good LJ !! 👍😘👍
John 💥
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

I have three if the Southwest knives, LJ, and, yes, they are very well made. They’re a little heavier than the norm, but I like that! You got a great collection and display there!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I only have one.
Attachments
Rough Rider RR1751 Old Southwest Bow Trapper - Labeled.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

I have that one, too, Jerry. Feels good in the hand - a solid knife, for sure!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan

Return to “Rough Rider Knife Forum”