Rough Ryder 2173 Blue Mule Sunfish

For Collectors & Users of Rough Rider Brand Knives.
ebrandwein

Rough Ryder 2173 Blue Mule Sunfish

Post by ebrandwein »

First observation, the stock photos of this knife in everyone's ad copy are terrible. On SMKW's website and elsewhere, the scales look like cheap slabs of plain plastic. They're not. What they are is a really nicely textured G10 with an almost micarta grain. Second, for what is being sold as a cheap work knife, the build is nearly flawless. I have knives that cost 10x this one's price that aren't as good. For beer money (PBR grade btw), I'm very impressed.
Attachments
20230120_112834.jpg
20230120_112304.jpg
Dan In MI

Re: Rough Ryder 2173 Blue Mule Sunfish

Post by Dan In MI »

I have the small toothpick from that line. Your thoughts pretty accurately mirror mine. The sunfish is one I might pick up in the future (I need a good excuse to try the pattern, anyway).
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
afishhunter

Re: Rough Ryder 2173 Blue Mule Sunfish

Post by afishhunter »

Thanks. I've been considering one for a while, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I suppose I should stop procrastinating and order one before they sell out...
"Youth is wasted on the young." (George Bernard Shaw)
"Mr. Murphy was an optimist." (The General's Credo)
"I took the road less traveled. I now have no idea where I am." (Anonymous over the road truck driver)

Return to “Rough Rider Knife Forum”