Happy Veteran's Day

Welcome to AAPK's Veteran’s Forum. This is a place where veterans can meet, get to know one another better, perhaps swap a story or two, and share any recent information that they have acquired from the Veterans Administration, DoD and Veterans Service Organizations, including but not limited to, DAV, AMVETS, VFW, American Legion, PVA, and MOPH. Another good source of information are branch specific organizations.
We will have a voluntary CHECKING IN topic where you can introduce yourself, years serve and branch or branches of service. Welcome Aboard!
Ridgegrass

Happy Veteran's Day

Post by Ridgegrass »

Salutes to all you Vets. WWII, KOREA, "NAM, IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN, COSOVO, SOMALIA, D.R., GRENADA, STATESIDE, and anywhere else you may have served. ::tu:: J.O'.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Happy Veteran's Day

Post by garddogg56 »

Thank you to our fine VETERANS ::handshake::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

garddogg56 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:12 am Thank you to our fine VETERANS ::handshake::
G Dogg and JO . You guys Rock .Thank you for thinking of the Vets . Out of 28,000 or so members here,You 2 took the time to care . ::handshake::
JP
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

It is UNREAL ::shrug::
Too bad,I was surprised ::hmm::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Thank you to All who have served our Country ! ::handshake::
JP
eveled

Post by eveled »

May God bless each and every Veteran. To any veterans on this forum, Thank you for your service.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

A heartfelt "THANK YOU" to all our veterans of which I am one also.

And thank you to all who responded. I'm sure more folks will chime in.
I wonder why there are early dates on some of the response here.

(so there are previous posts) ::nod::
Joe
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Salutes to all Vets. Especially :Sp4 Tom Ball, PFC Dennis Dale, PFC Mike Orash, Sp4 Mike Muller, Cpl. Donny Lorber, and PFC Curtis Harman, my "Nam buds who gave it all. Rest in Peace.
Also my Dad, 1st LT Jim O'Dell(WWII), both Granddads: Seaman Ignatius Gretsky(WWI) and "Coastie" Clyde O'Dell (WWII) , two uncles: Seaman Michael Sash (WWI)., and PFC Melvin Wallace (WWII) and two cousins., Bunky Burrier and Dave Wallace.(both Army). As the old song said, "Bless Them All". J.O'.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Ridgegrass wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:02 pm Salutes to all you Vets. WWII, KOREA, "NAM, IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN, COSOVO, SOMALIA, D.R., GRENADA, STATESIDE, and anywhere else you may have served. ::tu:: J.O'.
Also the veterans of the Marine Barracks in Beirut Lebanon, 23 October 1983.
Semper Fi
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

orvet wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:38 am
Ridgegrass wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:02 pm Salutes to all you Vets. WWII, KOREA, "NAM, IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN, COSOVO, SOMALIA, D.R., GRENADA, STATESIDE, and anywhere else you may have served. ::tu:: J.O'.
Also the veterans of the Marine Barracks in Beirut Lebanon, 23 October 1983.
Semper Fi
Ooh Rah my friend. ::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
sagebrush
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by sagebrush »

My Uncle Frederick Valla Served as a Medic in the United States Army he was awarded the Bronze Star for Gallantry ~ He was a Farmer and a Good Man, He grew Pumpkins and Corn and Raised Chicken Pigs Sheep and Goats along with his Brother's my Uncle Albert and Grandfather Peter ~ Farming the Santa Rita Hills my Grandfather grew Beans, He was a Dry Farmer and relied on the Rain to Produce his Crops ~ My Nona and Nonno had seven children, five sons and two daughters ~ {Sons} were Albert, Peter, "Frederick" Vincent and Lesio, and {Daughters} were Henrietta but everyone called her Kate and Mary ~ During the season of Autumn my Uncle Fred grew the Pumpkins and he would let the local elementary school's bus kids out to our family farm and pick out Pumpkins for Halloween ~ they were great people very wholesome and kind and the entire community knew them all very well for they had been part of the community since 1906 ~

we would have round-up's because we also raised cattle and we had large gatherings of family and friends that would attend we would play horseshoes brand cattle and have a big feast of all kinds of good food ~ we would make Italian sausage and salami ~ in deer season we would make jerky ~ some good times ~ and wonderful people ~
Attachments
The_Lompoc_Record_1945_09_14_page_5.jpg
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

sagebrush wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:05 pm My Uncle Frederick Valla Served as a Medic in the United States Army he was awarded the Bronze Star for Gallantry ~ He was a Farmer and a Good Man, He grew Pumpkins and Corn and Raised Chicken Pigs Sheep and Goats along with his Brother's my Uncle Albert and Grandfather Peter ~ Farming the Santa Rita Hills my Grandfather grew Beans, He was a Dry Farmer and relied on the Rain to Produce his Crops ~ My Nona and Nonno had seven children, five sons and two daughters ~ {Sons} were Albert, Peter, "Frederick" Vincent and Lesio, and {Daughters} were Henrietta but everyone called her Kate and Mary ~ During the season of Autumn my Uncle Fred grew the Pumpkins and he would let the local elementary school's bus kids out to our family farm and pick out Pumpkins for Halloween ~ they were great people very wholesome and kind and the entire community knew them all very well for they had been part of the community since 1906 ~

we would have round-up's because we also raised cattle and we had large gatherings of family and friends that would attend we would play horseshoes brand cattle and have a big feast of all kinds of good food ~ we would make Italian sausage and salami ~ in deer season we would make jerky ~ some good times ~ and wonderful people ~
They sound like just really good people. it is often repeated but so true, " We Will Never See The Likes Of That Generation Again '. ::handshake::

Return to “Veteran’s Forum”