G.B.N.F.

Welcome to AAPK's Veteran’s Forum. This is a place where veterans can meet, get to know one another better, perhaps swap a story or two, and share any recent information that they have acquired from the Veterans Administration, DoD and Veterans Service Organizations, including but not limited to, DAV, AMVETS, VFW, American Legion, PVA, and MOPH. Another good source of information are branch specific organizations.
We will have a voluntary CHECKING IN topic where you can introduce yourself, years serve and branch or branches of service. Welcome Aboard!
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

G.B.N.F.

Post by Ripster »

G.B.N.F. Gone But Not Forgotten
So many ,from all over and every walk of life have given there All . Some never came home and some of us came home in many different ways . They’re no longer with us physically,yet mentally ,spiritually live on with us . If you’ve ever been to a Memorial ,The Wall, Rolling Thunder you can’t help but feel something . Or when Taps are played and final Role call is made . Or a 21 gun Salute and fly over standing in a Sand box somewhere,you can’t help but feel something and even shed a Tear .
Here’s a pic of a Very Dear Friend and Big Brother that never had. Bubba was part of the Brown water Navy in the 60 s ,was Welder / Diver on the Boat Crew gig . Bobbie ( he only allowed his Mom and few others to call him that ) was the Protector of those that needed that or would tip you over in a New York Second if you need that as well .
It’s been 2 years or so ago now that we had a Celebration of life . His Family came from California and other parts. Never seen so many people from so many walks of life show up . We ran out of room that Cold day 2 years ago ,but people came and toughed it out and didn’t complain,Cause that’s the Kind of Guy Bob was . Miss him So! Hope you found some peace Brother
G.B.N.F.
Attachments
DEC453B9-E688-467E-9878-9ABFDF40384E.jpeg
JP
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: G.B.N.F.

Post by Ripster »

Would like to extend this to All ,Veterans or non Veteran . Anyone who’s lost someone that Served at one time in Any of the Branches .
When Dale Posted the Veterans Forum here it took awhile to get up the Courage to post ,or Check in originally. As Dale mentions it can be very healing and therapeutic. And believe it’s Okay to remember they are “ Gone But Not Forgotten “ or things were tough for many . But there are many ,many great memories as well .
Here’s a couple of pics of Grandpa Tony and some of his cards from his wallet he carried till passing some years ago . He shipped out with a Signal Corp during WW2 . Been Family in the Service pretty much since then . The knives are associated with military Service and added those cause it is a knife forum after all . ::handshake::
GBNF Gramps
Attachments
275AF8C3-F06E-46D0-8B85-703CA9C36679.jpeg
20872037-79D4-4395-8D99-0CD7AD310AD5.jpeg
JP
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Great topic Rip! ::tu::

There's healing in remembering, there's healing in writing about it, talking about it, painting pictures about it, even writing poetry. ::nod::

Somewhere here on AAPK I believe I posted the poem I wrote. I don't recall the entire thing right now don't have time to look it up, but one stanza is etched forever in my mind:
"The horror of war is not death and destruction,
Nor rockets and bombs that fall from above.
It lies in the fact of the cruel abduction,
Of the hearts and minds of the men that you love."

Think that verse is the best part of the whole poem.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Sorry for your loss JP. Don't know why I didn't see this earlier but I would like to send my condolences. I'm at the age where we are losing our brothers in arms at an ever increasingly rapid rate. I morn the passing of each and every one of them. Some day it will be my turn. ::tear:: Semper Fi.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Veteran’s Forum”