A barlow from Korea

A place to discuss & share pictures of of knives from areas of the world other than the United States, Europe, China & Japan.
Nephilim

A barlow from Korea

Post by Nephilim »

Recent acquisition, thought I'd share it here.
2.30 inch blade, approx. Clear plastic scales with a deer and forest scene on the handle.
2.30 inch blade, approx. Clear plastic scales with a deer and forest scene on the handle.
Close up on the tang stamp, reading "United" and "Korea" within a globe.
Close up on the tang stamp, reading "United" and "Korea" within a globe.
I assume United is the name of the company, and this knife was made in South Korea. If anyone knows anything more about the company or its history, I'd like to know.
rea1eye

Re: A barlow from Korea

Post by rea1eye »

Interesting hook.
How is the construction and blade?

Bob
Nephilim

Post by Nephilim »

Feels solid, its in virtually mint condition. The covers are quite thin and flat. The backspring is firm, with a good half stop, but not too stiff. It's easy enough to open it with the nail nick, but you could just about pinch it too. The factory edge is unimpressive, but I like the relatively tall and thin classic barlow blade profile. Probably a common 420 steel.
EDIT: Taking a closer look, it doesn't have quite as much taper as a comparable barlow by Richards, its more like a flat stamping.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

It's possible that United was the importer. It's a neat and unusual knife! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget

Return to “Other foreign made knives”