What is this Lockback ???

A place to discuss & share pictures of of knives from areas of the world other than the United States, Europe, China & Japan.
JonTerry

What is this Lockback ???

Post by JonTerry »

Ok guys help needed.
I bought this on Esty ( I know I did a post about not buying from there but this seemed to good a Deal £20 incl shipping)
Looks like a buck 110 finger Grooved, has a very thick spine on the blade locks tighter than anything I have owned !!!
Only Tang Stamp is "Stainless Steel"
Brass Bolsters and Liner
Four Brass Pins on scales
Steel pivot

Well any help would be gratefully received, I have used a modern LB8 in the photos for size comparison.

Cheers in advance .
Attachments
IMG_7088(1).jpg
IMG_7087(2).jpg
IMG_7087(1).jpg
IMG_7087.jpg
IMG_7089.jpg
You do not have a soul, you are a soul, what you have is a body
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What is this Lockback ???

Post by philco »

Without knife in hand, it's difficult to make an accurate assessment, however, it's been my experience that, with rare exceptions, when a knife does not bear the makers name, it's because the manufacturer is not wanting to be known. There have been and continue to be, numerous knock offs of the classic Buck 110. I suspect your knife is one of them and most likely was made in some Asian country such as China or Pakistan.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

JonTerry wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:18 am…..Looks like a buck 110 finger Grooved
manufacturers mission accomplished (made to look like), tang should have Made in SonethiingStan in very very small letters…..j/k

Glad it’s snappy and feels stout in your hand, sharpen her up and start toting her around, looks like a good EDC!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

This is the only stamp anywhere on Knife ???

No country .........nada ???

But the blade is coming up sharp, how long it will keep an edge I don't know, but TBH it is a solid well made knife who ever made it ?
Attachments
zoom.jpg
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Pakistan is the best guess, and a common pattern from that country. Almost all recently-made Chinese knives are of better quality than that, although this is NOT a plug for Chinese knives.
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

tongueriver wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:23 pm Pakistan is the best guess, and a common pattern from that country. Almost all recently-made Chinese knives are of better quality than that, although this is NOT a plug for Chinese knives.
Yep agreed,

I have found indentical knives on auction sites, only difference is they say stainless pakistan on the tang and not stainless steel, some are asking way more than I paid too, so guess I've done ok

Return to “Other foreign made knives”