Imperial forum?

Eelephant

Imperial forum?

Post by Eelephant »

Weird that there isn’t a sub-forum for Imperial. Or am I just missing it? This is prolly my nicest Imperial shell handle. Blows me away that this knife could be as old as 86 years (according to the tang stamp, it’s at least 70 years old, and still be in this good condition,
Attachments
AD4639BE-2698-460C-ADAA-575568827659.jpeg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Imperial forum?

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Try the Schrade forum. You’ll find Imperial knives there.
From the Schrade forum description:
Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

I agree, that Imperial is a beauty!
The shell handles are not sturdy, but Imperial did use good steel in their blades, and they were heat treated very well. For the price they are hard to beat!
Like you, I tend to accumulate less expensive knives, which gives me quite a few to choose from. I keep several old Imperials, some to carry, and done to collect.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand

Return to “Other US-made Knives”