Odd german eye knife

garydean

Odd german eye knife

Post by garydean »

IMAG1822.jpg
IMAG1819.jpg
IMAG1818.jpg
IMAG1817.jpg
I picked up this Eye brand knife the other day, i dont know a whole lot about it, its the first time Ive ever seen one like this, I was wondering if you guys could help me figure it out. Its 5 1/4 inches closed, big knife. I think the handles are rosewood. I do know that its a triple eye though. Its just a real odd pattern.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Odd german eye knife

Post by Paladin »

I'm guessing it is an Eye Brand blade in a different frame.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
garydean

Post by garydean »

I was thinking that was a possibility, the construction on this knife is beautiful though. I sent an email to the Carl Schlieper contact site... I think anyways. Hopefully they'll get back to me. I just wonder if the emails going to be in German or not lol
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Post by reddirtknives »

Any idea why the tang is drilled? I've seen those on some knives so that when they are closed a small ball sets in there as a safety feature to keep the blade secured within the blade well, Usually on linerlocks and usually on the pyle side. I might have seen a switchblade that used something like that... Just curios..Is there any chance it could be a rehandled Toothpick minus the rear bolster? Out of all of the knives I have owned for personal use my top three as far as taking an edge and retaining one are all 3 German Eye Brands running neck and neck with 2 Puma's well make that 4 because I have 2 of the old Sodbuster types both equally good and as good as any knife I've ever known the other others being an old long thin serpentine like stockman( was fav. but lost it) and a newer stainless little stag single blade. Best stainless I've ever used. ::nod::
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...
garydean

Post by garydean »

I haven't a clue why its drilled like that. I did receive a reply though. They said they have no knowledge they could give me on the knife. They mentioned it to Carl as well and he says he has no info. So I'm going to guess that its a real blade, just put into a different frame like Paladin said. If that is the case, I'd like to figure out who did it, the construction is magnificent. Knife also has a nice hard pull, and that great walk and talk snap. I'm sure its possible, but I've never heard of anybody counterfeiting these.
knives-are-quiet

Post by knives-are-quiet »

Are those handles Diamond wood?????????
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Post by reddirtknives »

I don't know Diamond Wood but I do like whatever wood that is on it... Gonna be a mystery
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...
garydean

Post by garydean »

I havent heard of diamond wood lol. My research continues though, I sent SMKW an email about it yesterday. They havent got back to me yet. I showed it to another knife dealer yesterday and he was really interested in purchasing it from me. I dont know how to price something like this, its a major mystery lol. It would be very cool if this was the real deal. Cant wait to find out.
HiPower

Post by HiPower »

dymondwood was a inpregnated substance of which i never saw on german eyes. most recently gec put out a few models in a sinilar substance.---HiPow
HiPower
knives-are-quiet

Post by knives-are-quiet »

HiPower wrote:dymondwood was a inpregnated substance of which i never saw on german eyes. most recently gec put out a few models in a sinilar substance.---HiPow
I guess I spelled it wrong.
"Dymondwood" is a type of plywood actually invented by a plywood company which is made up of many different colored layers or ply's.
And when worked or sanded create a unique design.
It comes in many different combinations of colors.
Attachments
Knife_2.jpg
garydean

Post by garydean »

Oh ok, ive seen that before. The top picture does kind of look like that, but it looks more like rosewood to me, especially on the forward side. Its one of those knives that the picture just doesnt do any justice. I havent figured anything more out about this piece. SMKW hasnt got back to me yet.

Return to “German Eye”