Paua Select Abalone Re-handle

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
Hukk

Paua Select Abalone Re-handle

Post by Hukk »

Here is a Bulldog Anglo-Saxon that I just got back fron Jeff (agteacher2) who owns Jones Cutlery. I've had a few knives done and they always look great. The Paua Select scales on this knife are a laminated product that I bought from the Mother of Pearl Company. The scales are full of color and fire. The lines from the laminations are very hard to see, after a long search I can find only a couple on each side. The scales are 3 1/2 inches long and I know that Paua Abalone rarely go over 5 inches long. So, the only way to get large scales is to get a very RARE large Paua or to go with a laminated product. This product is patented and called Mosaic Abalone. I posted this not only to show off Jeff's work, but to also show that laminated products do have a place in cutlery.
I have bought a few products from this company and they are always nice to talk to, but if the product is not pictured--don't buy it, my opinion. I bought some Black Lip Pearl and was so disappointed that I just gave it to Jeff. I could see every line it had because of the color.
This knife was a Prototype with the worst Winterbottom scales I ever saw, so, I took it out of the Prototype pool and I am very happy with the results, :D :D Good Work Jeff! ::tu::
The knife is resting on another species of abalone shell (Haliotis assimilis), Threaded Abalone and it is not suitable for knives.
Attachments
Anglo-Saxon Paua Select rehandle
Anglo-Saxon Paua Select rehandle
Bulldog 096.jpg (148.83 KiB) Viewed 1674 times
Mother of Pearl Company ~ Mosaic Abalone ~ Paua Select ~ (Laminated)
Bulldog 107.jpg (183.17 KiB) Viewed 1675 times
Bulldog 111.jpg (169.08 KiB) Viewed 1675 times
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

Nice knife Hukk, and excellent work by Jeff...as always. ::tu:: ::tu::

Man, you sure must like the ocean creatures. :mrgreen:

Bill

P. S.
Package on it's way.
Please visit the Member Stores here at AAPK, including my store.....GET AN EDGE!
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/getanedge
Hukk

Post by Hukk »

El Lobo wrote:Nice knife Hukk, and excellent work by Jeff...as always. ::tu:: ::tu::

Man, you sure must like the ocean creatures. :mrgreen:

Bill

P. S.
Package on it's way.
Yes, I collect seashells of all kinds. I have been a diver and fisherman on the Pacific Ocean the greater part of my life, fishing 36 of my 50 years.
I must say that I have been very fortunate to have a list of once in a lifetime sightings that non-ocean folks can't even see on TV. Of course I drive my wife nuts at all shell and rock shops. "I wonder how that would look on a knife." :lol: :lol:

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”