What's the most exotic handle material you've ever seen?

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

What's the most exotic handle material you've ever seen?

Post by Bryan »

I was browsing around the internet tonight and stumbled across a very interesting choice of handle material… Roo Poo… :mrgreen: Kudos to Oupa! ::tu::

3rd knife down on the link below… I presume this website belongs to Mr. Olson…?
http://e.v.olson.home.att.net/seahorses.html

I'd get one, but the little lady would really think I went over the edge with this knife addiction.

Bryan
Attachments
Roo_Poo.jpg
Roo_Poo.jpg (29.46 KiB) Viewed 4012 times
Bryan
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

Sounds like a load to me... :shock:

Oosic is UP there...as it were.

Bill :mrgreen:
Please visit the Member Stores here at AAPK, including my store.....GET AN EDGE!
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/getanedge
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

I wonder how much Jeff Jones would charge to do an Elephant Toenail rehandled with Elephant dung? :P

Bryan
Bryan
agteacher2

Post by agteacher2 »

You get I'll put it on there! ::tu::

Actually I know where an elephant bisquit is that has been sealed with some polymer. :shock: Maybe we can slice it up. ::doh::

Jeff
Jeff Jones
Athens, TX

www.Jonescutlery.com
JOE62

Post by JOE62 »

I have thought that someone should do an Elephant Toenail with elephant toenail for a handle, I think they should be large enough for it.
I've seen that Roo Poo knife. Oupa does some nice knives. There are some others who have done them in blue jean, drier lint, corn cob even human hair . It inspired me to do this one in German Shepherd fur. Cheep knife, but I didn't want to ruin a quality knife if it didn't work out.
Attachments
dyna fur 004.jpg
dyna fur 004.jpg (87.76 KiB) Viewed 3989 times
Hukk

Post by Hukk »

I can think of three off hand. 1 was El Lobo's whale baleen, I had never seen that before, another was fossilized dino dung. The last was a bit spooky for my taste. I guy sent me a picture of a knife handle made from a Chinese HUMAN leg bone. :shock: That one was a bit much for me.
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

There is a fellow here in Arizona who does jewelry and some very interesting knives, using dino dung. He goes by the name Ghostown...maybe that is what Hukk saw?

Anyway, I've got to go look at my dictionary to check exotic...dog hair and dung weren't on the top of my head (Thank Goodness :shock: ::doh:: ) when I first read the question. :wink:

Bill
Please visit the Member Stores here at AAPK, including my store.....GET AN EDGE!
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

OK, I'm back.

Now then, it says Gypsy Rose Lee was exotic...and a Trifecta is an exotic wager...but no dog hair or dung listed. :roll:

But then of course, it didn't mention SandBar Stag either...and we KNOW how exotic that is... ::nod::

So, I'm gonna go check out some other sources...maybe the Crazy Horse, (I forget if that is a Racetrack or one of those Exotic Entertainment Centers?), and probably a pawnshop or two.

Ciao for now! ::tu::

El Lobo.....to...my.............truck
JOE62

Post by JOE62 »

You're right El Lobo dog hair or dung is not exotic. Just strange. :lol:
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

Here is a Buck 110, converted to an automatic, then pimped out (including dino dung) by Ghostown. Orange County Choppers, eat your hearts out... ::nod::

Bill

P. S.
It's a beauty, but give me baleen over dung, please.
Attachments
Ghostown.jpg
Ghostown.jpg (36.32 KiB) Viewed 3957 times
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

agteacher2 wrote:You get I'll put it on there!
Maybe I'll just stick with woods, horns, antlers, and ocean critters... ::paranoid:: :mrgreen:
Bryan
Hukk

Post by Hukk »

JOE62 wrote:You're right El Lobo dog hair or dung is not exotic. Just strange. :lol:
Well, it's usually something I manage to step in. :lol:
Hukk
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

El Lobo wrote:Here is a Buck 110, converted to an automatic, then pimped out (including dino dung) by Ghostown.
That knife puts a whole new spin on that phrase about polishing a turd. Very nice piece! Thanks for sharing that Bill. ::tu::
Bryan
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

Pretty funny analogy there Sitemaster... ::nod:: :lol:

Notice it is covered with "Lobos" as well...to class up the polished "stuff" I guess.

BilLobo
Hukk

Post by Hukk »

Those Ghost Town Knives are very nice looking, first I've seen of these. I've seen solid dino dung knives and there is a place that sells it . There is a rock shop about 1 1/2 hour away that sells it, looks like a rock (fossilized). I have been thinking of making some handles out of California Jade, very expensive though and it has a high titanium content so it breaks a lot of drill bits and saw blades. It is expensive because the mine is so remote that they have to helicopter it out at $15 per MINUTE! Here is the site to give you an idea of what it is:
http://www.riverblossomjade.com Yeah, I will try to get them to to cut a couple slabs for scales, they are looking for ways to advertise and get the word out. What better way than to put it on a knife and show it of to cutlers. :lol: They have been in business about 8 years, the find has been verified as jade by the Smithsonian Institute. They call the place they stayed scholars camp. I would love to have a knife made with this new and great looking stone. The cut pieces look great! Definitely would make a one of a kind! ::drool::
Hukk
9ball

Jade

Post by 9ball »

Hukk,
Have you checked eBay? I saw some slabs of this on there last year right before Christmas. I needed a piece, but not this type is why I remember. Seems like it was only 4 or 5 bucks, but I did not really look it over.

If it's out there, it with be at the trade show in Franklin, N.C. for sure.

9ball
My Oath as an American Army Soldier did not come with an expiration date.

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”