Colin Paterson's (realmontanan) latest project.

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Colin Paterson's (realmontanan) latest project.

Post by Bryan »

Oh boy! Am I excited about this...

Colin has started on a new project that will include re-handling a Case elephant toenail, and scrimshawing an image on it. (I'm not going to tell you what the picture is going to be) :P You can watch the whole thing unfold at the link below. Colin is going to send me pictures and descriptions of the progress as he goes along, and I'm going to post them on the attached link...

(Expect about 1 new picture and description every 3rd day or so.)

Colin Paterson's Elephant Toenail Project

Enjoy the show... I know I will!
Bryan
TKC

Post by TKC »

WOW, that is REALLY cool! Thanks for sharing that!! I love Elephant toes.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
sunburst

Post by sunburst »

Very nice, I am glad you posted this. I really underappreciated the amount of work that goes into something like this.

Thanks,

Sunburst
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

The scrimshaw work is complete and I hope to add a few pictures of the finished knife real soon. Boy is it amazing... Colin is something else...

Bryan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Here is a link to the progression of the scrimshaw... I asked for a picture of an elphant and ended up with this most elaborate design and personolization. I couldn't have been more impressed. I will be posting a picture of the finished knife soon.

click here

Bryan
straybulletbmc

Post by straybulletbmc »

Totally Awesome, Best I have seen ever
Please visit my Store "The Dog House" Home of the Stray!
Gr8Scout

Post by Gr8Scout »

Way, way cool. I always thought Sandra Brady did the best scrimshawed elephants, just what I told her at the last knife show we were both at. But this is awesome. Your artist, Bryan, really captured the movement, the drama, the action! Exactly like my favorite western artist could do (Frederick Remington).

Being a member of this fine forum has already cost me money... Mr. Pardue is doing some work for me. Looks like it's gonna get more expensive!
Phil
4ever3

Post by 4ever3 »

I just ran across this thread...HOLY COW...what a knife. Bryan you have to be proud to show that one off ::tu::

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”