A Few Stag Barlows For the Oregon Show

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: A Few Stag Barlows For the Oregon Show

Post by orvet »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the encouragement. ::nod::

The Case, Schrade & Primble Barlow are all gone, the 165OT is in my store. The Remington will be in my store as soon as I get a chance to listed, the same is true for the red bone handled 124UH, I hope to get those listed today.
The Utica New Holland Barlow is still sitting in pieces on my bench, I ran out of time to get everything put together before the show. As soon as I get it reassembled it will go into my store also.

As everyone probably knows Sambar Stag is getting more and more difficult to find. The story I heard most recently, and have heard several times, is that the gathering of the Sambar Stag sheds disrupts the tigers as they share the same habitat with the stags. Tigers in India are enormous business, people come from all over the world to ride on elephants and watch tigers doing whatever tigers do from the back of an elephant. Because tigers are such huge tourist attractions (read moneymakers) in India that the ban on exportation of Sambar Stag has been made permanent so that people gathering their shed antlers don't disturb the tourists and the tigers. I guess that's the way it goes. ::shrug::

One piece of good news is that I was able to buy six sets of nice older Sambar Stag at the show. I got six sets from Ron Lake, who is one of our club members. He said he has had the stag for 15 years, so I'm not sure exactly how old it is but it has nice figuring, good popcorn and it's not half an inch thick! I was going to post a picture, but for some reason it's not allowing me to add pictures. I will add them just as soon as I can.
Thanks again for your interest and support.

Okay, here's a picture of the six sets of stag that I got from Ron Lake.
Stag from Ron Lake 2019.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”