Vote now on customization of Case knife!

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...

Should this knife be customized?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:48 pm

Keep this knife as is
No votes
Ask agteacher2 to customize it
100%

Total votes: 6

smiling-knife

Vote now on customization of Case knife!

Post by smiling-knife »

I have a 1970s case 63087 which is in mint condition, except that there is a small crack on the front side of the delrin handle. See photos. I need your opinion. The options will be 1) keep it as is... after all it is a near mint 1974 knife or 2) ask agteacher2 to customise it with a new handle and his special brand of filework. What should I do? Register your vote by 6.00 pm GMT Monday :? s-k

p.s. if majority think this knife is a good candidate for customization, there will be a further opportunity to vote on the new handle material. There will also be regular photos so you can follow the process from start to finish. Not that I am trying to encourage you one way or the other :wink:
Attachments
Knife 062.jpg
Knife 062.jpg (36.85 KiB) Viewed 4158 times
Knife.jpg
Knife.jpg (141.17 KiB) Viewed 4158 times
JOE62

Post by JOE62 »

I thought the 6 in 63087 meant they were bone and delrin would be a 23087? I could be wrong though.
smiling-knife

6 material

Post by smiling-knife »

Hi, according to the Case website... 6 designates jigged bone, jigged synthetic, and jigged laminate handles. 2 designates smooth black synthetic handles. :) s-k
JOE62

Post by JOE62 »

s-k
You are right and I am wrong. :oops: I went through my Case catalog and found that information also. I should of looked before I leaped. :lol:
SFC ADP

Post by SFC ADP »

From what I have read, Delrin handle, 70's is valued at about $25.00.
I say customize that sucker!
LOL
smiling-knife

Votes are in

Post by smiling-knife »

Not many voted, but it was a landslide 100% in favor of the customization. We will keep you up-to-date on the developments. There will be an opportunity to vote on the handle material at a later date. My sincere thanks to agteacher2 who has agreed to do this for us and also for his advice on another knife related matter. Much appreciated. ::tu::
s-k
smiling-knife

Update

Post by smiling-knife »

For those that were following this topic... the knife is somewhere over the Atlantic on its way to agteacher2 as you read this. Bon voyage little doodle ::tu:: s-k
LC

Post by LC »

I say let ag teacher work on it maybe some knarly stag or horn handles with that great looking file work. ::tu::
agteacher2

Post by agteacher2 »

S-K,

I got the knife today. I will get some suitable handle material samples and some pictures together this weekend. Although I think we both may lean a little toward buffalo horn.

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff Jones
Athens, TX

www.Jonescutlery.com
smiling-knife

Post by smiling-knife »

Thanks agteacher2. Looking forward to seeing the handle samples. Have a great weekend. ::tu:: s-k

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”