Another beauty!!!!

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Another beauty!!!!

Post by galvanic1882 »

Wish more people would know that this knife is not right!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144999419745
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Another beauty!!!!

Post by 1967redrider »

Ol' Sporty in action! For one thing, I don't think NYKCo. tang stamped the pile side of their blades. I have seen Hammer Brand on the mark side Main blade and the NYKCo. stamp on the mark side Pen. Maybe mine are counterfeits? ::mdm::
Attachments
s-l400.png
s-l400.png (245.11 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
s-l400(1).png
s-l400(1).png (234.92 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Current bid at $305. Knife does not look anything like a real original NYK product would. Hard to believe that people that really don't know can be so eager to part with their money.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

1967redrider wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:26 pm Ol' Sporty in action! For one thing, I don't think NYKCo. tang stamped the pile side of their blades. I have seen Hammer Brand on the mark side Main blade and the NYKCo. stamp on the mark side Pen. Maybe mine are counterfeits? ::mdm::
Bring 'em on Saturday John, Barry knows NYK very well and can give you an educated yay or nay. I don't now if you have his amazing NYK catalog reprint Barry made, you should ask him if he has any left.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Gunsil wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:06 pm
1967redrider wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:26 pm Ol' Sporty in action! For one thing, I don't think NYKCo. tang stamped the pile side of their blades. I have seen Hammer Brand on the mark side Main blade and the NYKCo. stamp on the mark side Pen. Maybe mine are counterfeits? ::mdm::
Bring 'em on Saturday John, Barry knows NYK very well and can give you an educated yay or nay. I don't now if you have his amazing NYK catalog reprint Barry made, you should ask him if he has any left.

Thanks, Gene. That sounds like it would be a good resource to have. ::nod::👍 I sent Barry a PM.

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
edgy46

Post by edgy46 »

Gunsil wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:06 pm
Single blade knives have hammer brand on front side and new York knife co on the back side of the blade. Sorry for not using the pile side and Mark side terms, but my tablet keeps changing my words.
An uncontrolled accumulator. ::shrug::
Bill
edgy46

Post by edgy46 »

I don't know what happened in my post, but my post showed up in the middle of the previous post. I have a hammer brand timber scribe that is stamped hammer brand on the Mark side and New York Knife co on the pile side. Thank you for bearing with me.
An uncontrolled accumulator. ::shrug::
Bill
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

edgy46 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:57 pm I don't know what happened in my post, but my post showed up in the middle of the previous post. I have a hammer brand timber scribe that is stamped hammer brand on the Mark side and New York Knife co on the pile side. Thank you for bearing with me.
Good to know, thanks for your reply, Bill. I contacted Barry and he's bringing me a copy of the book. ::tu::

Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Good deal John, it's the best NYK reference out there! You're gonna love it!
BWT

Post by BWT »

That knife sold for 898.00 ::dang::
Bill
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Buyer with lots of dollars and no sence. ::dang::
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Froe

Post by Froe »

Do you think the buyer wants a matching set? I still have one I got screwed over with probably a couple of decades ago. The Miller Bros version.
I have five or six fakes in my collection that I know of. I can’t pass them on, I don’t want to throw them away as they really are nice despite their shady nature. I guess I could use them for EDC. I’m afraid they’ll end up back in circulation if I give them away.
Froe
Attachments
9E9B9EFD-9DE5-4084-8984-283C8F3E318E.jpeg
Thomasg

Post by Thomasg »

Froe wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:53 pm Do you think the buyer wants a matching set? I still have one I got screwed over with probably a couple of decades ago. The Miller Bros version.
I have five or six fakes in my collection that I know of. I can’t pass them on, I don’t want to throw them away as they really are nice despite their shady nature. I guess I could use them for EDC. I’m afraid they’ll end up back in circulation if I give them away.
Froe
The miller Bo’s knife knife has some Fantastic looking bone ! I like nice bone .you could pass the knife on to me and I will put it with this knife that has some nice bone and not have to ever worry about it being recirculated!lol
New York knife co (reproduction)

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”