What is it?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

What is it?

Post by just bob »

Apparently the seller doesn't even know. If it's what I think it is it isn't worth the bids.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Case-B ... Swk3RbvnIN
Attachments
ebay pic.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What is it?

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

just bob wrote:Apparently the seller doesn't even know. If it's what I think it is it isn't worth the bids.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Case-B ... Swk3RbvnIN
How can anyone be fooled by this? I have never seen that tang stamp before. Did you notice the stamping on the secondary blade is almost over the edge? What the heck?
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

just bob wrote:Apparently the seller doesn't even know. If it's what I think it is it isn't worth the bids.
Oh, he knows alright! mstorm1982 has turned out to be another tommygg101 wannabe. Over the past few weeks mstorm1982 has consistently posted some terrible fakes. In my opinion he knows exactly what they are and covers it with statements like "this has the feel of" or similar con artist gibberish. ::barf::

The good news is, the knives he's offering are so outlandishly bad they don't even remotely resemble a real Case, so I doubt he's fooling many with the garbage he is selling.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Just Bob you say you think you know what it is, please tell us. I'm afraid that I haven't had the pleasure of holding old reliable in my hands.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Well, look at the bright side: mstorm1982 isn't from Tennessee like so many of the other fakers. He's from Arizona. Maybe he has the Southwest franchise for the Greater Guangdong Nife Fakers Guild (GGNFG)...
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
just bob

Post by just bob »

gsmith7158 wrote:Just Bob you say you think you know what it is, please tell us. I'm afraid that I haven't had the pleasure of holding old reliable in my hands.

Accoring to my little reference book there is no Reliable Cutlery Co. I also looked on Google and ebay completed items and none are to be found. Looks like the seller may have a unique item. If that be the case he may find (make) a few more before this auction ends. 25 bids and $60 is a lot of interest and money for something that is basically worthless, but we've seen it before.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
just bob

Post by just bob »

Also if any of the bidders have any money left they could buy this $1800 gem for a fraction of the book value. This is scary.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-Rare-Case ... 1438.l2649
Attachments
1800.jpg

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

I continue to be amazed at what people will spend their money for. ::facepalm::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
just bob

Post by just bob »

I messaged the guy that is selling the rare green bone Case 1920 - 1940 Cheetah and told him his knife was modern and worth $40. Here is his response. I should have known better.

So you know about Case Knives? Go check on your observation again as you don't know what your talking about. It has been appraised in person. And with a return policy you are welcome to check it out yourself. Just put your money where your mouth is.

Where did he have it appraised at - School for the blind? Please take a moment and message him while I go recheck my observation.

tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

just bob wrote:I messaged the guy that is selling the rare green bone Case 1920 - 1940 Cheetah and told him his knife was modern and worth $40. Here is his response. I should have known better.

So you know about Case Knives? Go check on your observation again as you don't know what your talking about. It has been appraised in person. And with a return policy you are welcome to check it out yourself. Just put your money where your mouth is.

Where did he have it appraised at - School for the blind? Please take a moment and message him while I go recheck my observation.

Later I sent him a message to explain the tang stamps, etc. and he was polite and receptive.
just bob

Post by just bob »

Later I sent him a message to explain the tang stamps, etc. and he was polite and receptive.

Thank you for doing that. It's good that the seller listened to you. BTW the Reliable knife in the OP is over $150.00 and ends this afternoon. I'll bet that seller is doing back flips and laughing all the way to the bank. I don't quite think the buyer will be that happy.

4ever3

Post by 4ever3 »

What is it?

It’s a joke!!!

However the bid is at $162 now. ::dang::
Got Sowbelly's ?

jsteely@cox.net
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Another J answer would be JUNK.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”