Counterfeit Ulster Scout Knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Counterfeit Ulster Scout Knives

Post by Miller Bro's »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Rare-Bo ... 3ccd158840

Knife has been re-handled in MOP, look at the price, over $400.

I hope no one here is bidding on it.

He has another GS knife he re-handled in MOP, the genius even put the shield on wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Rare-Dw ... 3ccd1bb3a7
VINTAGE/Rare Dwight Devine Four Blade Girl Scout Knife with Acorn Shield and Mother of Pearl Handles made by Ulster Knife Company USA c1941

In 1872, Ulster Cutlery Company was founded by a cooperative in a small village of Ellenville, New York by English immigrant cutlers from Sheffield, England. In 1876 Dwight Devine took over the operation of the company and renamed the company ULSTER KNIFE COMPANY. Dwight Devine remained head of the firm until his death in 1933 and operation of the company has passed on to his sons. It was in 1923 that Ulster Cutlery Company made their first Official Boy Scout knife with several pattern. The Ulster BSA knife pattern with a long (oversized screwdriver) and three-piece can opener and lined (grooved) bolsters was first produced in 1926. The company was sold to Imperial Knife Company in 1947 whose majority interest is controlled by Albert and Henry (Uncle Henry) Baer

The four high carbon steel blades features, (1) 2-1/4” long spear shaped main blade, (2) screw-driver, cap lifter, (3) one-piece can opener and (4) leather punch/awl.

All blades have strong back-spring snap action with no excessive slack (wobble) and half-open safety feature on the main blade. There are visible carbon patina on all the blades but no pitting or marring.

The main blade has an elegant double sided swedge, long finger pull and a tang mark ULSTER over DWIGHT DEVINE over & SONS. Blade (2) has a tang marking indicating ULSTER over DWIGHT DEVINE.

The knife has the old style, half round nickel-silver shackle pinned with 1/16” nickel-silver rods as common on vintage knives.

The handles are made of genuine mother of pearl that reflects multiple rainbow colors.

Full nickel silver bolsters with no damage and well-aligned with the brass knife frame, liners/spacers and knife’s back-springs.

An acorn shaped eagle nickel-silver shield is embedded on one of the bone handle with a sharply engraved letter GS. It was bone before you pulled it off and replaced it with MOP!
See picture below. Keep away from this seller. He graduated from mother of toilet seat handles to real MOP, no stopping him now ::td::
Attachments
u1.jpg
u1.jpg (26.19 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
u2.jpg
u2.jpg (23.37 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
u3.jpg
u3.jpg (22.26 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
u4.jpg
u4.jpg (23.19 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
u5.jpg
u5.jpg (44.51 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
u6.jpg
u6.jpg (25.39 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
u7.jpg
u7.jpg (22.47 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
AAPK Janitor
Cutty

Re: Counterfeit Ulster Scout Knives

Post by Cutty »

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::
I dig half stops!!

"GOTTA DO WHATCHA GOTTA DO, SO THAT YOU GET TO DO, WHATCHA WANNA DO"
My Grandad.
God rest his soul.

Brian
Joe Dirt

Post by Joe Dirt »

WoW! 30 minutes left and knife is over $400 bucks after the starting bid of $24.99.
Lets see what they both go for. Same person is high bidder on both knives. Poor feller. ::facepalm::

...... Joe
I've got a camouflage knife, but I can't find it.......

..... cardboard addicted.....

"The old timer's concentrated on making knives; not keeping records!!" ~ Bonfire bob
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

Missed out on another one . No international bidder.It look like he will only rip off USA buyer.
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
Cutty

Post by Cutty »

I contacted him about the GS knife. I asked him about the shield, fake, rework etc.? I contacted him from the actual GS listing. So, he knew which knife I was referring to.

This was his answer:

"The orientation of GSA shields in my collection varies in orientation. It is hard to tell which one is as you alluded to because of its orientation and I definitely appreciate your input and interest."

:roll: ::disgust:: ::facepalm::
I dig half stops!!

My Grandad.
God rest his soul.

Brian
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Cutty wrote:I contacted him about the GS knife. I asked him about the shield, fake, rework etc.? I contacted him from the actual GS listing. So, he knew which knife I was referring to.

This was his answer:

"The orientation of GSA shields in my collection varies in orientation. It is hard to tell which one is as you alluded to because of its orientation and I definitely appreciate your input and interest."

WHAT?
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Here's his Sword Brand Pearl for a buy it now of $224.99 ::td:: I wonder if it's really the famous Mother of toilet seat :D
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Rare-St ... 3a7c65ceb3
Attachments
File Work.jpg
RePearl...jpg
RePearl..jpg
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

wazu013 wrote:
Cutty wrote:I contacted him about the GS knife. I asked him about the shield, fake, rework etc.? I contacted him from the actual GS listing. So, he knew which knife I was referring to.

This was his answer:

WHAT?
Yea,this guy is like a fast change artist.lol
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

$103.09 for the GS and $410.00 for the BS (no pun intended). Are these people nuts?
Cutty

Post by Cutty »

I did not understand his response because my ability to understand responses depends upon the response given and more over, the fact that responses vary, my ability to understand the response will vary.............................

Can you say SLICK WILLY :shock:
I dig half stops!!

My Grandad.
God rest his soul.

Brian
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

LOL Now that's funny, I don't care who you are, that right there is funny.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
PACKLEAD3R

Post by PACKLEAD3R »

I just got this one for $10. Do you think it is counterfeit?
Attachments
20190921_132618.jpg
20190921_132906.jpg
20190921_131228.jpg
Stay fluid and ever changing... "I heard it in some movie, sometime, someday. Shucks it's hard to say" ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::

J.Gilmer ::handshake::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Counterfeiters don't sell knives for $10. The knife is good.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
joefm

Post by joefm »

i have an Ulster that has a tang stamp that says dwight divine & sons and the other small pen blade has a tang stamp that says Ulster knife co. .... i love that knife i only have 2 knives that rival the snap on that thing! but i dont know much at all about Ulsters is it possible mine ain’t authentic? ill post a pic!
0454796B-2AC3-4683-B7AF-38CD346E08E2.jpeg
67B21E3D-B83E-4066-ADA1-09FCB868E95A.jpeg
B728B158-C31E-4944-B765-09DF16796ABF.jpeg
C631A518-A580-4962-B07E-913660F97312.jpeg
11615F84-D23D-4579-954A-B076053799C6.jpeg
Railroad Joe
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

The answer is contained in the first post in this thread.

From 1876 until his death in 1933 Ulster was owned by Dwight Divine. At some point during that time his name was stamped on Ulster knives. His sons owned the company for several years after his death. I'm not sure when that period was when the Dwight Divine stamp was used but someone here probably knows.

Nice knife. I have one like it somewhere (Ulster Dwight Divine, same pattern but can't recall how it is marked on the secondary blade.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

joefm wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:56 pm i have an Ulster that has a tang stamp that says dwight divine & sons and the other small pen blade has a tang stamp that says Ulster knife co. .... i love that knife i only have 2 knives that rival the snap on that thing! but i dont know much at all about Ulsters is it possible mine ain’t authentic? ill post a pic!0454796B-2AC3-4683-B7AF-38CD346E08E2.jpeg67B21E3D-B83E-4066-ADA1-09FCB868E95A.jpegB728B158-C31E-4944-B765-09DF16796ABF.jpegC631A518-A580-4962-B07E-913660F97312.jpeg11615F84-D23D-4579-954A-B076053799C6.jpeg
That's not fake. Nice knife.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
just bob

Post by just bob »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:59 pm Counterfeiters don't sell knives for $10. The knife is good.

Ken

I don't know so much about that. Here is a $20 one that is alive and well. Then there are others than have been much worse than this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-Case-X ... 1438.l2649
Attachments
bbbbb.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”