Suspect a fake Bulldog? Post them here.

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Loose Arrow

Suspect a fake Bulldog? Post them here.

Post by Loose Arrow »

Starting this thread specifically for Bulldog Brand Knives.

I'm interested in compiling this type of activity in one thread for easy review. Might serve to expose a fraud before we get taken to the cleaners.

Post pictures (screenshots) of the suspect knife along with its seller's info. *Links expire eventually but you can add them too.
Loose Arrow

Re: Suspect a fake Bulldog? Post them here.

Post by Loose Arrow »

Keep an eye out for this knife (2nd photo), currently it's with
this seller https://ebay.com/usr/2ndmarkets Seller
don't appear to have bad feedback so I'm not sure if they tried to get over on me or what but I messaged them regarding an MOP knife they had listed (1st photo) requesting better pictures but never received a reply. I bid and won but was immediately infuriated when a look alike arrived instead (2nd photo). It's an oyster shell celluloid complete with 'MOP' engraved on its main blade (3rd photo) along with a serial number on the reverse in a generic font (last photo). Fancy script Bulldog engravings are very distinct.

Regardless, it is a fake.

Seller said it was a mistake and promised to send out the correct one asap but nothing as of yet.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200922-083500~2.png
20200917_130329.jpg
20200917_130342.jpg
20200917_130354.jpg
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

The F&F on that second one look horrible!
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

The oyster shell handles were bad to shrink.
Tom
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

glennbad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:33 pm The F&F on that second one look horrible!
::facepalm::
This is probably a dumb question, what is F&F ?
olderdogs1 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:01 pm The oyster shell handles were bad to shrink.
Tom
Yea, I have a few nice ones that are oyster shell without issues except for that.
What gets me though is that I was sold one thing only to be given something else that someone took the time to put onto an engraving machine. It's better that they're bad counterfeiters, easier for us to spot 'across the room' fakes but I didn't even get to see the fake until it arrived, by signature delivery too. ::disgust::
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Loose Arrow wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:18 pm
glennbad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:33 pm The F&F on that second one look horrible!
::facepalm::
This is probably a dumb question, what is F&F ?
olderdogs1 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:01 pm The oyster shell handles were bad to shrink.
Tom
Yea, I have a few nice ones that are oyster shell without issues except for that.
What gets me though is that I was sold one thing only to be given something else that someone took the time to put onto an engraving machine. It's better that they're bad counterfeiters, easier for us to spot 'across the room' fakes but I didn't even get to see the fake until it arrived, by signature delivery too. ::disgust::
f&F is “fit and finish”, hope Glenn doesn’t mind me answering the question on his quote.

Yes, you definitely didn’t get a mother of pearl knife,that’s for sure. Hope you can resolve it with your seller.

Tom
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

olderdogs1 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:38 am
f&F is “fit and finish”, hope Glenn doesn’t mind me answering the question on his quote.

Yes, you definitely didn’t get a mother of pearl knife,that’s for sure. Hope you can resolve it with your seller.

Tom
Thanks Tom, Fit and Finish, I'm still learning the jargon. :lol:
The seller messaged me that it's in the mail but no tracking number... I'll share an update soon as I can. Thanks again!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Definitely sounds like a dishonest seller. He was hoping the buyer would not realize the knife he received was not the knife he bid for.
kj
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

kootenay joe wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:27 am Definitely sounds like a dishonest seller. He was hoping the buyer would not realize the knife he received was not the knife he bid for.
kj
Yup, I think you hit the nail square on its head. ::nod::
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

Loose Arrow wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:07 am
kootenay joe wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:27 am Definitely sounds like a dishonest seller. He was hoping the buyer would not realize the knife he received was not the knife he bid for.
kj
Yup, I think you hit the nail square on its head. ::nod::

** UPDATE **
The seller has since rectified the matter and I am satisfied.
Roblox1986

Post by Roblox1986 »

Yes, can someone help? I have a knife and from what I read on this forum it's an ivory stockman. It's a nice knife from what I see but I've noticed that the main blade has 1998 on the main blade but on the other two small blades the date is 1996. Anyway here they are. If any additional photos are needed I'll take more. Thanks in advance

-Jon-
Attachments
20201005_142410.jpg
20201005_125633.jpg
20201005_125532.jpg
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

Roblox1986 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:55 am Yes, can someone help? I have a knife and from what I read on this forum it's an ivory stockman. It's a nice knife from what I see but I've noticed that the main blade has 1998 on the main blade but on the other two small blades the date is 1996. Anyway here they are. If any additional photos are needed I'll take more. Thanks in advance.
-Jon-
::handshake:: Hello Jon,
Not a problem, here it is pictured (top right) in an '01 catalog. IDK know what to say about the year discrepancies on the tangs though.
Attachments
20201005_201110~2.jpg
Roblox1986

Post by Roblox1986 »

Thank you loose arrow, I download anything I find on this knife unfortunately there's hardly anything at all. So I'm guessing you think its authentic? Also, where can I buy another ivory bulldog? Again thank you very much for the picture.
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

Roblox1986 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:53 am Thank you loose arrow, I download anything I find on this knife unfortunately there's hardly anything at all. So I'm guessing you think its authentic? Also, where can I buy another ivory bulldog? Again thank you very much for the picture.
Yea, I'd guess that it is. I can only entertain offers on these two.
Attachments
20200912_103301.jpg
20200813_200244.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Roblox1986 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:53 am Thank you loose arrow, I download anything I find on this knife unfortunately there's hardly anything at all. So I'm guessing you think its authentic? Also, where can I buy another ivory bulldog? Again thank you very much for the picture.
There are a couple in the AAPK stores. Not cheap but great knives.
Roblox1986

Post by Roblox1986 »

Great knives. There sold out in the store as far as I can see. I can't entertain knowing what I know about mine I wouldnt take 300 for it. I would give it though. If you come across one spread the word and I'll do the same if I dont buy it first :-)

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”