Case Bradford 6345 1/2 "Cattle" Knife Legit ??

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Case Bradford 6345 1/2 "Cattle" Knife Legit ??

Post by herbva »

I've always wanted a pattern 45 cattle knife, but am wondering about this one. The tang stamp on the right (clip) bothers me. It looks to me like perhaps it has been cold stamped and possibly I can see evidence that the tang was ground down before the stamp was applied. Or, maybe its just that some of the letters are so much deeper than others and much deeper than the stamp on the left (sheepfoot). Any thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324719637030?h ... Swr5tg9N44
Attachments
DSCN9811.JPG
DSCN9812.JPG
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case Bradford 6345 1/2 "Cattle" Knife Legit ??

Post by 1967redrider »

I love that pattern and the pocket worn bone on that knife, but the clip looks like it was indeed cold stamped, in my opinion. ::hmm::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
just bob

Post by just bob »

That back handle is cracked all the way across. Looks to me like that would really hurt the value, but apparently not.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

just bob wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:32 pm That back handle is cracked all the way across. Looks to me like that would really hurt the value, but apparently not.

It's chipped too, as you can see in Herb's tang stamp picture above. But that cold stamp bothers me the most.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

I agree about the tang stamp and to this untrained eye it's not even a good fake! I wish there was some way to warn whoever is about to spend $250 for it.... ::facepalm::
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Piece of junk. 👎

Tom
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Complete POS fake. Made with an old non-Case frame.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Yep, junk!
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

I sent the seller a polite email yesterday explaining that the knife is a fake. He didn't answer my email, didn't add any info to the auction and let it run. It sold for $245. I have bought a few knives from him in the past and based on the mistakes he makes in some of his listings, I don't think he knows much about knives. Just rounds them up and throws them on the bay. I guess that he just doesn't care about sticking someone with a fake. ::teary_eyes::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

herbva wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:58 am I sent the seller a polite email yesterday explaining that the knife is a fake. He didn't answer my email, didn't add any info to the auction and let it run. It sold for $245. I have bought a few knives from him in the past and based on the mistakes he makes in some of his listings, I don't think he knows much about knives. Just rounds them up and throws them on the bay. I guess that he just doesn't care about sticking someone with a fake. ::teary_eyes::
Too many of them don’t care. Some know they’re fakes and don’t care.

That’s why it’s so important for collectors to get educated, pay attention and be skeptical. As has been pointed out, the master blade appears to be cold stamped, the tangs shaved. The covers obviously have a lot of pocket wear and are cracked, but the blades look unsharpened and full? And the seller does not accept returns.

Enough red flags to deter a knowledgeable buyer. Too often we don’t want to see what is obvious. ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

The seller has been selling knives on ebay for years.I would guess he knows more about knives than he wants to admit. ::td::
Roger
SteveD12

Post by SteveD12 »

I gain so much knowledge from this forum. Thanks all for the details on why this was a fake. It helps me learn a bit more every day.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”