(1900'S CASE BRO'S BONE KNIFE) (1940 TO 1964 CASE CONGRESS KNIFE)PARTS OR CARRY

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
celluloidheros

(1900'S CASE BRO'S BONE KNIFE) (1940 TO 1964 CASE CONGRESS KNIFE)PARTS OR CARRY

Post by celluloidheros »

(1900'S CASE BRO'S BONE KNIFE) (1940 TO 1964 CASE CONGRESS KNIFE)

One looks ok, maybe , the other looks like it has a fake case bros pen blade inserted and poorly pinned. I guess they make knives differently in Kodiak,Tenn ? Jazzygambling would go on my Ebay naughty list.
s-l1600.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/194728599181?h ... 7675.l2557
Thanks, DC
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: (1900'S CASE BRO'S BONE KNIFE) (1940 TO 1964 CASE CONGRESS KNIFE)PARTS OR CARRY

Post by herbva »

I agree with you on the bottom (pen) knife. Either the shield is wrong (open C) or the larger pen blade is wrong, and my money is on the blade. Based on the way the tang appears to be sticking out, I don't think it even fits properly in that knife. And I agree with you that Jazzy absolutely should be on your DNB (do not buy) list.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: (1900'S CASE BRO'S BONE KNIFE) (1940 TO 1964 CASE CONGRESS KNIFE)PARTS OR CARRY

Post by gsmith7158 »

The first thing we know for certain is that Case Brothers never used a shield that said Case on it. The second thing we know for certain is that jazzygambling has been on the naughty list for a long time.! ::td::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

One wore out knife and one counterfeit. Unusual in that one knife may not be a fake.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”