so I gotta ask...

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
livinfree

Re: so I gotta ask...

Post by livinfree »

Fake?
Attachments
finger henckels logo.jpg
finger Henckels open front.jpg
finger Henckels logo close-up.jpg
finger Henckels back closed.jpg
livinfree

Post by livinfree »

Fake?
Attachments
JAhenckelslargestagautoclosed.jpg
JAhenckelslargestagauto.jpg
joeradza
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by joeradza »

bestgear wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:34 pm I'm working right now with a well respected knife artisan on this site to create a replica/memorial/tribute knife that is impossible to locate an original. Throughout the blue printing we have always maintained a position that the knife would be marked in an inconspicuous manner denoting its true provenance. In my humble opinion we are not counterfeiting but rather allowing others to expand their knowledge and vision through a knife that otherwise would remain a ghost.
I totally agree. In my collection of Schrade wire jacks there is a prototype that I’ll never acquire. It would be fairly easy to replicate. I’d do it so that I could handle it and take photos to show others that it existed. It would have to be marked so that it would never be confused with the real thing. There are plenty of replica Cobra cars around and no one thinks they are the real thing.
livinfree

Post by livinfree »

If they presented as a replica, I don't think anyone should have a problem with that. Maybe Rolex, Cartier or Patek Philippe would beg to differ. But that's a different discussion.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”