Case XX

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
TazmanTom18

Case XX

Post by TazmanTom18 »

Saw a XX canoe this week end at a gun show. Belonged to his dad, purchased in early sixties, as new. Odd to me, no pattern number, only Case XX on master blade. Scales not a good match either. Opinions ?
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case XX

Post by btrwtr »

Lots of fake Case canoe knives out there. Was there canoe etch on the blade? What was the handle material?
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
TazmanTom18

Post by TazmanTom18 »

No etch on blade, jigged bone handles of different colors, not matching front to back. Supposedly bought in '65-'66, last Case xx was '64, right ?
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Impossible to tell without pictures. I have knives with mismatched handle covers, came from the factory like that. It’s not unusual. However in my experience it is very unusual for a Case of that vintage to not have a pattern number.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
TazmanTom18

Post by TazmanTom18 »

That's what I thought, didn't have chance to take a picture. Im not a big Case guy, but my observation is they usually put the best scale on back... Just seemed unlikely not to have pattern. Thx.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

TazmanTom18 wrote:No etch on blade, jigged bone handles of different colors, not matching front to back. Supposedly bought in '65-'66, last Case xx was '64, right ?
If it is an XX it is highly unlikely that it would be jigged bone. There were only a very few of those made with left over XX blades at the beginning of the 65-69 USA era. Up until that point Case canoes were all stag handled.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
TazmanTom18

Post by TazmanTom18 »

Wasn't stag for sure. Why go to the trouble and not even get it close...

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”