Don’t like this one at all

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Don’t like this one at all

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Here’s another fake so-called Tested whittler. Not Tested bone, that’s a U.S.A. era shield. That alone should be enough but it also looks like a cold stamp on the tang (note the “rounded” ends on the letters T and X, among other tells).
Someone took an otherwise good U.S.A. or dotted knife and re-stamped it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-Tested-XX ... Swu2tcabS-

Ken
Attachments
7A6556E2-7F56-4F6C-B6F4-D0ADAC1497D6.jpeg
7A6556E2-7F56-4F6C-B6F4-D0ADAC1497D6.jpeg (17.18 KiB) Viewed 2474 times
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
zp4ja

Re: Don’t like this one at all

Post by zp4ja »

Hey Ken,

I of course agree with you. For me, I look at nail nicks first. Not much need for me personally to look beyond that cavernous nail nick to know it is not a TESTED knife. Good of you to point out other travesties of this knife for educational purposes though.

Another idiot ruins a good knife for extra dollars. I understand why but just don’t get it. Horrible for our hobby. Job numbers are up, they need get a real job. McDonalds likely all they could handle though if that.

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I like how his paragraph on "about me" is 4 times the size of the paragraph about the knife he is selling.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

OLDE CUTLER wrote:I like how his paragraph on "about me" is 4 times the size of the paragraph about the knife he is selling.
I hadn’t read that until you pointed it out. If true that the knife has been in his collection, I suspect maybe he doesn’t know its a fake. ::shrug:: Most of us have made that mistake - I know I have, which is why I try to prevent others from doing the same thing.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

To the sellers credit, he does openly state he has been told the knife is not what it appears to be and lets potential buyers know this before they decide to bid.

Quote from seller :

"This knife appears to be a Case Tested XX 3 blade whittler red bone knife. I have been told this knife is not what it appears to be so I'm selling it as is. This is the way that I purchased it and I don't know anything else about it. Regardless, it has beautiful red bone handles and is a really nice knife, as you can see in the pictures. Condition is very good."
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Probably unnecessary, but here is a side by side compare of the incorrect stamp and a correct stamp for anyone who might like to see the difference.
Attachments
Sloppy Case Tested XX Stamp.jpg
deserttrans

Post by deserttrans »

Good info, the nail nick especially !
Freedom Ain't FREE....
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Probably a good thing this guy is getting out of knife collecting ::td::

Tom