Someone want to help me out here?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Jporter1974

Re: Someone want to help me out here?

Post by Jporter1974 »

I'm new hear and I wish I knew more on the history of these knife traders, but the fact is I don't.. I truly appreciate the heads up of "buyer beware " knife dealers.. as a novice in the traders world you hear the names Tony Bose or Painted Pony and think "very expensive custom knife"..so why not add that to the listing? I would question the whole Painted Pony theory all together..don't those knives carry some kind of authenticity paperwork? So, I have to agree with Bill..why not advertise the custom work?... I admire you guys on here for making sure that certain dealers cannot prey so easily on the novice collectors.. ::tu:: ~Jon
RalphAlsip

Re: Someone want to help me out here?

Post by RalphAlsip »

Mumbleypeg wrote:
espn77 wrote:
jlw257 wrote:
I must have miss the Double Standard thread : ::skeptic::
::rotflol:: you would know as at least one of your knives fell under pretty hard times for a while.
:lol: I was thinking the same thing.

Ken
Yeah, Larry's Case Tested XX 6380 was posted and discussed extensively on AAPK. It is unclear to me if the original "double standard" post was talking about knives posted only on eBay or only on AAPK or on both places. ::shrug::

It would be a good opportunity for learning to see examples of the knives that were called good when they should have been called bad including the observations for conclusions.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”