Levertetto - This Pisses me off &^%#$@

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
PCwizard

Levertetto - This Pisses me off &^%#$@

Post by PCwizard »

I'm a Levertetto Lover and China has been just flooding the market with this crap.

But this takes the case !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There we have a wonderful Hubertus-AKC MIni Leverletto by Bill DeShivs
What the $%&@ China you can't even get the names, manufacturers and model's right.

But there SELLING ::uc:: ::dang:: ::barf:: ::doh:: ::shrug::
Attachments
Question.JPG
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Levertetto - This Pisses me off &^%#$@

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

PCwizard wrote:I'm a Levertetto Lover and China has been just flooding the market with this crap.

But this takes the case !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There we have a wonderful Hubertus-AKC MIni Leverletto by Bill DeShivs
What the $%&@ China you can't even get the names, manufacturers and model's right.

But there SELLING ::uc:: ::dang:: ::barf:: ::doh:: ::shrug::

Gary, That is just pathetic.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I've seen them with Microtec on the blade, they seem to be covering all the bases they can.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Hubertus i believe has been making this style of auto knife for many decades. It looks like Hubertus has now contracted out this pattern to a manufacturer in China.
I doubt that Chinese make copies 'on spec', meaning hoping they will sell. I think the 'fakes' we see are knives made to fill an order received. It is the business people in Germany, USA or wherever who order these knives from Chinese manufacturers who should be the target of our displeasure.
It is possible that the O.P. knife was not ordered by Hubertus but by someone else who is ripping off Hubertus name.
kj
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

kootenay joe wrote: I doubt that Chinese make copies 'on spec', meaning hoping they will sell. I think the 'fakes' we see are knives made to fill an order received.
.kj
I think you are right on kj

Bob
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

I apologize in advance if the following offends anyone. I noticed this Chinese fake of a Leverletto that looked somewhat similar to mine, and In a moment or weakness I had to buy it just to see how it compares. It cost me $23 shipped on ebay. (The genuine article is on top and the counterfeit is on the bottom.) The fake snaps open fairly well and locks up tight but pales in comparison to the real one. I don't mind carrying it and using it, but what I do mind is the engraving on the blade. That is out and out forgery. I think they printed the "Leverletto by Bill DeShivs" on the wrong part of the blade. Does anyone know what the " B59" means?
Attachments
DSCN9603.JPG
DSCN9604.JPG
DSCN9606.JPG
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Mountain Man Knives

Post by Mountain Man Knives »

You can definitely see the difference between the real and the knockoff ~ love Italian Switchblades - always have......Just can not own them or I would have a half dozen or more ~ like them horn handles ~ MMK

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”