1 of a kind Case knife?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

1 of a kind Case knife?

Post by just bob »

Seems much more likely the blade has been reworked? Poor pictures but isn't the secondary blade new grind and the master blade traditional? Doubt it came from the factory like this. Would make a great user.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/84-CASE-XX-629 ... 4902.l9144
Attachments
aapk pic.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Mountain Man Knives

Re: 1 of a kind Case knife?

Post by Mountain Man Knives »

Do not know much about the Knife......Your Signature on the other hand Know it WELL......in regards to Abraham Lincoln......think he got it from Proverbs and a few other Passages ~ I Myself wouldn't think GOD has been Laughing so Much or has Wanted to very Much at all lately or for a Long Time Now ~ I know I haven't ~ People can be as Educated and well Read as the Webster Dictionary and every Philosophical Author there ever was.......but without Action.....doesn't mean much or do much GOOD ~ I like your Signature it can make People think ~

Pr 15:2; 29:11; Eccl 5:3; 10:12-14). Careful, deliberate, profitable, and proper speech marks a wise man. Hasty, impulsive, vain, and froward words mark a foolish and wicked man. A fool seldom says anything profitable or suitable (Eccl 10:3

Parable of the Sower Rings True too..........Prodigal Son - Luke 15

My Pop's always had a saying and it was to watch your P's and Q's ~ In other words to Guard your Speech ~ MMK

It's Nice to be Blessed and just as nice to be a Blessing - MMK
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

It's a rare bird a copperhead pattern # 6249 with a 6292 pen second blade I don't think this one slipped out of the Case factory that way . ::shrug::
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Both blades are new grind. It is possible that it is a factory error, 92 pen blade installed in a 6249.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
just bob

Post by just bob »

What does he mean when he says the rear blade does not have a 90 degree stop? If you look at the picture of the knife looking down the barrel the kick on the smaller blade is obvious (last pic) , however the kick on the master blade looks to be gone. The kicks on the blades are not in the same position on the blades? No? Is this an optical illusion or does it explain what he means by saying the smaller blade has no 90 degree stop? The blades look fine when they are closed. He also shows the smaller blade in the 90 degree position? I'm going to email the seller and ask him. I've confused myself in trying to figure this out.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
just bob

Post by just bob »

Here is the seller's response.

Hello and thanks for your question. It does not have a 90 degree stop as it should, if it was a true copperhead pattern knife. The picture is just a picture so you can see the blade. You cannot see a stop in a picture. Hope this helps a little. Factory mistake or whatever you want to call it. All the best !!

Sorry, but I still have more questions than answers.

philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

just bob wrote:What does he mean when he says the rear blade does not have a 90 degree stop?
I would have to assume (a dangerous thing to do) that the seller is referring to the lack of a half stop on the secondary blade which he calls a 90 degree stop. Since I don't own a 6249 Case knife I don't know if it has half stops on the blades or not.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
just bob

Post by just bob »

philco wrote:
just bob wrote:What does he mean when he says the rear blade does not have a 90 degree stop?
I would have to assume (a dangerous thing to do) that the seller is referring to the lack of a half stop on the secondary blade which he calls a 90 degree stop. Since I don't own a 6249 Case knife I don't know if it has half stops on the blades or not.
That is exactly what I thought when I first read his description, but notice he says " you cannot see a stop in the picture" I'm holding a 6254 trapper right now looking at it and you can not see any stops on it - they are covered by the bolsters. I assume this is true on the 49 pattern as well? I wonder if he means the blade opens too far? Who knows - easier to solve a Rubik's Cube - blindfolded than figure out what some sellers are talking about. Here is another one I ran across this morning that is a must have for the military collector's with the "natzi" markings on the blade. Thankfully I was able to figure this out before the 2nd cup of coffee.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/case-xx-6318-s ... 0290.m3507
Attachments
yyyy .jpg

philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

just bob wrote: Who knows - easier to solve a Rubik's Cube - blindfolded than figure out what some sellers are talking about.

::nod:: You said a mouthful there. :lol:

Here is another one I ran across this morning that is a must have for the military collector's with the "natzi" markings on the blade. Thankfully I was able to figure this out before the 2nd cup of coffee.

::hmm:: Lightning SS on the tang stamp ?
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

::handshake::
philco wrote:
just bob wrote: Who knows - easier to solve a Rubik's Cube - blindfolded than figure out what some sellers are talking about.

Here is another one I ran across this morning that is a must have for the military collector's with the "natzi" markings on the blade. Thankfully I was able to figure this out before the 2nd cup of coffee.

Phil it takes all kinds ::facepalm::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

philco wrote:

This one is stainless steel. so the CASE XX SS stamp is correct.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

knifeaholic wrote:
philco wrote:

This one is stainless steel. so the CASE XX SS stamp is correct.
I am really impressed with his 90.5% positive feedback.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

On all of my Copperheads both blades have a half stop though I don't have any post 1980 knives. The half stop of is not visible in pictures but is a flat tang at half open position, so if his does not have this it would be irregular. ::nod::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

gsmith7158 wrote:On all of my Copperheads both blades have a half stop though I don't have any post 1980 knives. The half stop of is not visible in pictures but is a flat tang at half open position, so if his does not have this it would be irregular. ::nod::
Agree all 49 patterns should have half stops on both blades.

However, if it is a factory error knife with a 92 pen blade installed instead of the correct 49 pen blade, then the lack of half stop on the pen is explained by the fact that the 92 never had half stops.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

knifeaholic wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:On all of my Copperheads both blades have a half stop though I don't have any post 1980 knives. The half stop of is not visible in pictures but is a flat tang at half open position, so if his does not have this it would be irregular. ::nod::
Agree all 49 patterns should have half stops on both blades.

However, if it is a factory error knife with a 92 pen blade installed instead of the correct 49 pen blade, then the lack of half stop on the pen is explained by the fact that the 92 never had half stops.
That would certainly explain it Steve. ::tu::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”