WR Case & Sons 5294 1/2

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
RalphAlsip

WR Case & Sons 5294 1/2

Post by RalphAlsip »

This knife has some features that are unusual to me for a 2 blade 94 jack pattern. The 94 jack with both blades on the same end usually has a spear primary blade and the primary usually is in front of the pen blade. Stag handles on this 94 configuration would be unusual. A long pull would be expected on the primary blade. The oval shield with engraved lettering is not appropriate for this knife. And from a gut-feel perspective it simply doesn’t look right to me.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3307393505
Attachments
31D9F81A-2A64-4AC8-8BEA-0FACB237DA69.png
236E37EA-DC71-42B6-ADF0-BB5B2532EED8.png
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: WR Case & Sons 5294 1/2

Post by knifeaholic »

Jerry;

I agree, a bad knife.

In addition to the obvious - not a blade configuration that Case ever made in the 94, pen blade in front not in back, generally non-Case appearance overall.

Stamps are bad.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Looks like ol' Sporty strikes again! ::facepalm::

Didn't these have a spear main blade and not a clip?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

My reference books, including Steve's book, show some variations with a clip master. But, I think all the case tested 94's had a long pull on the clip master.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

herbva wrote:My reference books, including Steve's book, show some variations with a clip master. But, I think all the case tested 94's had a long pull on the clip master.
True and good points, but all of the clip masters are the rare three-blade version, at least in my experience, not the two blade. Absolutely correct on the long pull clip though on the three-blade version.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

knifeaholic wrote:
herbva wrote:My reference books, including Steve's book, show some variations with a clip master. But, I think all the case tested 94's had a long pull on the clip master.
True and good points, but all of the clip masters are the rare three-blade version, at least in my experience, not the two blade. Absolutely correct on the long pull clip though on the three-blade version.
For what it's worth, Sargent's 7th edition has a picture of a Case Tested XX 6294 1/2 and Tony Foster's price guide also lists a Tested 6294 1/2 as a pattern. Not sure what the old Case price lists might say. I have never seen a 6294 1/2.

For reference, attached is a picture of a Rogers bone W.R. Case & Sons 6294 that I believe to be correct.
Attachments
Sargents Case Tested 6294 half.jpg
WR Case & Sons 6294 A #3 small.jpg
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Wow thanks Jerry, I stand corrected on the 6294 1/2.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”