Miller Bros.

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
kootenay joe

Miller Bros.

Post by kootenay joe »

Is this Miller Bros. Dog Leg jack a fake ? https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-MILLER ... 1438.l2649
kj
Attachments
s-l1600 (22).jpg
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Miller Bros.

Post by btrwtr »

I've seen a number of fakes offered for sale by this eBay seller. I don't like the overall look of the OP knife. Very unusual to have this type of shield pinned so far off center.

Here is a knife that this same seller listed recently. Looks very modern to me. Master blade choil looks bad and pen blade stamped opposite the nail pull.
Attachments
wedgeway.jpg
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Both are fake in my opinion.
Roger
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks for your posts. Your opinion i know is based on a great deal of experience.
I too think "fake", but what seems odd to me is that the seller is SMKW, probably the largest knife retailer in North America. Why are they dealing with fakes ?
kj
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

They buy knives,and right now I don't know if they have any one who knows squat about old knives working for them.
Roger
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

peanut740 wrote:They buy knives,and right now I don't know if they have any one who knows squat about old knives working for them.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I am so naive. I would have thought they cared enough to cull out fakes before listing knives from collections.
kj
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

peanut740 wrote:They buy knives,and right now I don't know if they have any one who knows squat about old knives working for them.
This reminds me of an AAPK post some time ago talking about the Case factory knife historian. How much a person knows about what they are doing can be somewhere between all and nothing. In the case of mvpknife sales I have no idea how much the people posting their eBay knife sales know about knives, new or old. Could be they are only reading the stamps and know nothing about reading knives.

I agree kj, they should care enough about their business and reputation to cull out the fakes.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Berryb

Post by Berryb »

Did Miller Bros. ever use Celluloid? I don't ever recall seeing one, 'course I havn't seen that many.
Bruce
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

btrwtr wrote:
This reminds me of an AAPK post some time ago talking about the Case factory knife historian. How much a person knows about what they are doing can be somewhere between all and nothing. In the case of mvpknife sales I have no idea how much the people posting their eBay knife sales know about knives, new or old. Could be they are only reading the stamps and know nothing about reading knives.

I agree kj, they should care enough about their business and reputation to cull out the fakes.
Jay Parker was their old knife guy and he also did the Ebay listings. He got canned over a year ago and since have listed a lot of fakes.
Roger
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

I contacted them and told them the knife wasn't correct. They said we don't knowingly sell counterfeit knives. I told them that the lettering in the tang stamp was rounded and shouldn't be. Also the badge is not one I have seen on a real MBC knife. It looks like one of the fakes I have just to compare with. I'm pretty sure I know who made it.

Monte
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

Bruce, yes they did. Most are office knives but I have one swell end Jack and I seen one yesterday that was a single blade corn knife with an advertising on it. The owner wouldn't sell it to me.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”