Fake Rose bowie/dagger

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Gunsil

Fake Rose bowie/dagger

Post by Gunsil »

Don't get burned on this one!! Modern fake blade and guard married to an older carving knife handle. Seller says may be worth 13-25,000 but he'd take 4400 on BIN and starting bid at $122!! Says he bought it cheap so doesn't need to get top dollar. Need the hip waders reading his description, BS gets a little deep. https://ebay.us/bNlLN7
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Fake Rose bowie/dagger

Post by jerryd6818 »

For posterity.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Seller also has a Wostenholm dagger listed with opening bid of $399. Is this also a fake, not an authentic vintage knife ?
kj
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

IXL doesn’t look right either imo KJ ::td:: .. look at the stamp and believe I’m even seeing remnants of something stamped there before... never mind the fact it is very similar to the Rose fake above that Gene noted... I have Williamson’s IXL book and nothing even close in resemblance to this...

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks Lee. I have seen a few instances of a seller with multiple vintage Sheffield fixed blades listed, that if one is a fake, the others also are. The sellers i believe often are not aware that the knives are fakes. In the days before the internet it was much easier to con the buyer as very few buyers were truly knowledgeable about vintage Sheffield fixed blades. Now with the internet it is easy to send pictures to someone who is knowledgeable and receive a reliable assessment.
kj
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

The IXL looks scary bad. The cutlery handles on both knives aren’t right.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Like the Rose fake, it too is a fake all the way. That IXL mark isn't over another mark it is just a really poor stamping with a really poor die. Like Wayne says, handles are not correct, both knives have handles from carving knives.

Roland that is true, BUT the internet has also become a dumping ground for fakers and more are on the market now than before the internet. I see folks getting burned every day on ebay, most folks aren't smart enough to use the net for pre-purchase investigation.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”