Rare Case Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Rare Case Knife

Post by just bob »

The numbers on the back of the blade are for another knife. 99.9% sure this is bogus.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1940-64-Case-X ... SwpG5ddAst
Attachments
cccccccccc.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Rare Case Knife

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Agree. The only thing "Case" about it is the master blade which probably came from a 6318 stockman. The frame and the bottle opener are from a cheap advertising knife. JMO

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Berryb

Post by Berryb »

I think the "coke" part of the knife is probably a fake too.
Bruce
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Yup, very creative frankenknife. You can read the 6318 tang stamp in the expanded view, which of course would mean that this thing should have 3 blades anyway. ::td::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Looks like it's a fabrication from at least three different knives. Case blade, frame from some giveaway cheapie. The opener is from what I've seen called a "Crown Cork" knife, back when bottle caps first started coming into common use; and the company that came out with them, Crown Cork, gave away a two-bladed knife with their logo. I know the only one I've seen that opener on was Sheffield-origin/English.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”