New York Knife Co on Ebay

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
ea42

New York Knife Co on Ebay

Post by ea42 »

This knife is a real hodgepodge of parts. The handles aren't NY Knife Co, might be Catt or Nap or some other. The pen blade is wrong, maybe even modern. The spear obviously doesn't fit as the spring is too long causing it to hook. Sent the seller a message and he says if the buyer mentions those problems he'll refund the money. Really? ::dang::
So I'm putting it out here, stay away from that one. He's had a few other legit knives but this one is definitely a stinker!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YORK-KNIFE ... SwxbNdk141

Eric
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New York Knife Co on Ebay

Post by peanut740 »

Agreed. ::td::
Roger
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thank you. Posting a knife that is fake and explaining why, is a great way to teach and for readers to learn. I very much appreciate you for taking the time to present this knife. I love knife tutorials ! ::woot::
kj
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I guess that new pen blade just jumped right into the frame when no one was looking. :roll:
::barf:: ::barf:: ::barf::
Attachments
NYKCo.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I think the frame might well be Robeson.

The handles are calling.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

RobesonsRme.com wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:09 pm I think the frame might well be Robeson.

The handles are calling.

Charlie
Agreed Charlie, a Robeson frame.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

I also sent the seller a message about his "CASE XX USA VINTAGE 3254 TRAPPER KNIFE 8 DOT BONE HANDLE OS." I think the scales do look like bone from the pictures, but I don't see a pattern stamp on either tang. However, the pictures aren't that clear, so it could be there. I tried to explain to him that it can't be a 3254 and be bone. Waiting for a reply.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”