Is this a real Joseph rodgers?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Ben Ogle

Is this a real Joseph rodgers?

Post by Ben Ogle »

I had one person tell me this a Joseph Rodgers, and then I had someone tell me they were not sure. If someone could answer this, and give me a time period, it would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
20191209_202807.jpg
20191209_202748.jpg
20191209_202723.jpg
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Is this a real Joseph rodgers?

Post by danno50 »

That is not a real Joseph Rodgers. Probably made in India.
Dan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Yes, i agree with Dan. For future reference it is best to show pictures of the entire knife, with blades closed and with blades open as well as enlargements of pictures of the markings.
kj
Ben Ogle

Post by Ben Ogle »

Any ideas what the stamp in the last picture could be? And could a time period still be given? The handle is slightly see through in the light. On the metal underneath the handle I can see writing of some sort. It is still an interesting piece to me. Thanks for the input.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Like I said in your other post about this knife it is an India made knife with a poor attempt to copy the Rodgers trademark. Look closely at the cross, it is lopsided, Rodgers will never have a lopsided cross. Rodgers also always has their name on the side opposite the trademark or sometimes out on the blade. Many Rodgers knives were exported to India when the British ruled there and Rodgers has a fine reputation the world over for fine cutlery and Indian makers copied their trademark to try to sell more knives. There have been many fine knives made in India in the past, but those with the Rodgers copied trademark are not quality knives.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”